Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I read the last bit as "Sara's BO with Zuma," and was like...that's rude. Geez PDub.

I love all the stories and pictures.

This thread is awesome

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
LOL, at all of this! Also, I miss that trip a lot now!
WE ARE GOING BACK THIS YEAR! AT LEAST ONCE! OR 5 TIMES!!

And gosh Taq, I'm not THAT insensitive :P

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

I met my DH 3 years ago online. Went on a date a week after talking, engaged 4 months after that, and pregnant 1 months later lol We moved fast but I couldnt be any happier well maybe if he was more into dogs like me but he's learning haha.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Most of Denis and I are dress up as well... Many of which are scantily clad Weird. lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

This is a really interesting thread! I just read the entire thing... loved seeing all of the pictures.

I met my current boyfriend of 6 months when I was working in retail at Target last winterish for all of 4 months... My friend got me a job there and was trying to hook me up with any guy I'd go for pretty much (he knew I was in an unhappy relationship)... there was a nice crew of guys there. This one guy just stood out... but he wasn't the type to rush into ANYTHING. We worked together quite a bit and I would come in painfully trying to make our boss pair us up without being obvious. Finally, a mutual friend who was interested in me (but I was not interested in him whatsoever) gave me the guy's number when I played some "I don't believe you really did that, let me ask Brian!" game with him. We started texting casually, a little flirting at work. We took all of our breaks together and became pretty good friends. He quit and I didn't talk to him for a few weeks, then he randomly texted me, saying we should hang out and watch movies sometime.

So we hung out that Saturday, and there was just a spark I couldn't ignore... I had been in a relationship for 3, almost 4 years with a guy from highschool. Awesome guy, the spark just wasn't there anymore and I knew I needed to move on. So, that Sunday (april fool's day, if I remember correctly; I was laughed at and told numerous times that we in fact did NOT break up) I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years and was independent for the first time in my life... Brian and I started hanging out just about every day, had sleepovers (though no sex was involved; he was very religious at the time and didn't like sleeping with people he wasn't entirely committed to) and just in general became best friends. That was through April, May, and June of 2011. In July my lease was up and I moved in with him at his cousin's house. Halfway through July (on my birthday!) he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend and the rest is history. We ended up couch hopping and living in a hotel for the rest of the summer when things went south with his cousin, then I bought my house where we're living now in... September?

We've known each other for just over a year and a few more months will mark the time that we've "been together" even though we weren't actually dating. He hated girls when we met and didn't think he was ever actually going to date anyone again, let alone marry anyone. An ex-marine, he was applying for special forces positions to get back into the service and didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. Apparently I was good enough to take that place. He's a special guy, for sure.

There aren't many good pictures of us...

This was taken while we were on vacation last fall in the outer banks

this was on the 4x4 beach in Corolla, NC

And this is at a family reunion
Old 02-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Top Dog

Donny and I met in our first class of high school. We were friendly-ish, with mutual friends and a couple classes together until the 11th grade when he asked me out.

With a text.

It was really sweet, though, and we went bowling. It was a lot of fun; he let me win, which was a struggle, since I'm terrible at bowling (but filled with enthusiasm!).

We've been dating seven years now.

I don't think I have any recent pictures of us at all, unfortunately.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Top Dog

I met TJ on a wednesday night in january of 1989. To make a really long story much shorter... I was 17 and had moved to massachusetts last quarter of my senior year. I essentially quit school when I moved away. Then I decided to look for a roommate in new hampshire which is where I was going to school. I still belonged to the ski club through my high school because it was already paid for, so I made the commute every wednesday to ski. I heard about tj through a friend. He was looking for a roommate and so was I. So, I met him that night on my way back from skiing that wednesday night. He handed me the key after he stared at me a while. I thought he was a bit odd, but I decided to move in with him anyway I drove back to massachusetts after only talking to him about 30 minutes. I moved in with him that saturday and he told me he loved me saturday night and that he wanted to marry him. I remember saying "i don't even like you, why would I marry you?" now, 24 years later... we're still together. I ended up falling in love with him 3 months after living with him

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

They were interviewing a bunch of students from the school to live in the building and do their apprenticeship. Most students were interviewed by the manager, M, but I had two interviews with Ken, for some reason M wasn't available those days. Ken convinced M to hire me without meeting me first.

We both had long term, long distance SO's that we were comfortable and content with.

We worked together for a year, growing closer and having dinner together with our other colleagues on Tuesdays. Eventually we started meeting up at a different bar an hour early to have some time before meeting up with everyone else. Then we started hanging out just the two of us.

There was obviously a connection, but we enjoyed hanging out with each other and were just enjoying each other's company, even though we would spend all day at work together. I didn't think anything would happen, in a thousand years, he is quite a bit older than me and we were with other people.

One day he confessed, after waaaay too many beers at his birthday party, that he was falling in love with me. Then he went away for a week, the longest we had been apart in the last year, and I missed him way more than I should miss a colleague. I decided I needed to end things with my BF even if nothing happened between Ken & I, and he did the same with his (without the two of us knowing that was happening). So he returned, we had our first date, and the rest is history. I really feel like we were meant to be together. This happened in April, I moved in with him in October, we got engaged in November, we brought Crossbone home early December and we're getting married in June!

I couldn't have designed a better man for me!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
Donny and I met in our first class of high school. We were friendly-ish, with mutual friends and a couple classes together until the 11th grade when he asked me out.

With a text.
Hahaha, when Mike was trying to get in touch with me to see if I wanted to go out for an evening, I didn't answer. The first time he called I was watching a movie with my sisters and I was like, "Meh, unknown number, they can leave me a message if it is important." After the fact I was like, "ZOMG, Amanda, is Mike's number xxx-xxx-xxxx?" and about had a heart attack that I'd missed it. So he called again the next morning, but I had JUST set my phone down to go do laundry and didn't hear it ring.

So poor Mike asked Amanda if he a.) had the right number and b.) did I know I was trying to call him and was I ignoring him on purpose? LOL She was like, "Just send her a text. She almost never gets to her phone when someone calls." He didn't want to, but he did. And I got that one, and replied. So hooray for texting (and a mutual friend), or else we may never have gotten in touch.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

I went to school with Kory, he is a few year younger so I used to tease him, but seriously he carried a briefcase to school so it's his fault :P.