Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Gsp, gsp, gsp!

They're so much fun. They're clowns, they're biddable, they do like to be active and entertained, but are also major sofa hoggers. They're low maintenance on grooming, very people orientated (they love company and can be a bit needy, but you like that, as do I!), but need to be introduced to people first (ie don't rush people like a lab might, bit more into their own people). And they're GORGEOUS.

They love romping with other dogs, generally aren't DA. They're not known for barking, but obviously individuals vary! There is minimal drool. They're clever, but not Wiley like some breeds. I don't think they plot your demise like a collie might... They're more.... If I open that door I can get food.... Open the door nom nom.

Faults.... None so far! Errrr... Guess it depends what you really want. They are active, they can be destructive when bored, they use their feet like paddles and I am COVERED in bruises. People say they can disappear when out and about, but all the ones I've met have been pretty obedient, I think it's more of a case of lack of training. You do need to train a gsp, they don't come naturally good. No training will lead to a very difficult dog to live with. They can be stubborn, you can't always TELL them what to do, but they generally do what you want once you work out how to ask for it

But I'm hooked. I want another one. Now. Soon... When Fred is a little older and we've got more stuff done with him, I'm already thinking about our second!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein