Well. If I stay on track with my life in general I will be graduated in about a year and a half. Which means (naturally) that in about two years I will have my very own puppy. Because everything always goes according to plan.
Anyway, I thought maybe some of you would help to point me in the right direction. I have no idea what I want. A 'houla isn't out of the question, but to be completely honest it's hard to find a stable dog up north that isn't outright DA/HA or a pillow pet (neither of which I want).
So some basic criteria:
* I want a dog that wants to be with me all the time. There is no such thing as too clingy.
* Between 15 and 100 pounds
* I want a dog that wants to do fun things. Brachy breeds are no bueno. I am a super active person and I spend a lot of time backpacking and hiking and generally being outside
* I don't care if he can do things. My dog doesn't need to reenact a Shakespearean play. I'd like to be able to train him to come. And sit.
* I am not a huge fan of barkbarkbark dogs. My dad has a Coton who is a little too much for me.
* No drool
* I don't like retrievers
Breeds that are currently on the radar: German Shepherd (although I don't know if I could get one after losing my Mammoth), Rough Collie, Brittany, Border Collie, Catahoula Leopard Dog/Catahoula Cur
Emily and Pippa v. Johnson-Haus RATI
"Well, don't let me be the moldy cheese in your refrigerator of hope." - Justin McKee