Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-17-2013, 04:24 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keechak View Post
I only get the "Aussie Times" which is only available if you are a member of the breed club. Hawkeye has even had a short column in it for his Nationals Tracking pass. It's a great magazine, has a monthly genetics article, monthly rescue aussie spotlight, conformation, herding, tracking, agility, obedience, and rally articles, and much more.
Well I suppose I do also get the quarterly FCRSA publication as well -- various field training articles, what's happening in the world of Flat-Coats, titles earned by FCRs the previous quarter, etc.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
Nothing right now. How do you guys like Clean Run, out of 10? I'm seriously considering it.
I couldn't rate it, really, it mostly depends as I said before on how "serious" you are for agility. But, if they're still offering the 3 month trial subscription, GO FOR IT! I very much enjoy all 3 of my issues and couldn't image getting rid of them, where as I could toss a few other magazines after clipping the good articles.

Oh, and someone mentioned a few other dog magazines, City dog, and Modern dog, never subscribed and have no intention of ever they just aren't my style! Sorry, not an ounce of "city" in this kid at all! Not saying they don't have good articles, you can find them on news stands usually if you just want to browse an issue to see how it is.

OH! And I've completely forgotten, haven't actually seen it in a while so I don't know if it's still out there, Animal wellness, another one where I'd rather just by-per-issue than subscribe, but they did have some pretty decent articles, product reviews, etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Silence, peasants.

I got a free trial issue of Clean Run and really loved it, I am very familiar with agility but do not participate in it-I wish the all-around dog sport magazine was still in print. I found a couple cool ones I was going to subscribe to but they were all going out of print or just had. I may get Clean Run just for the focus and foundation work stuff, haha.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Club Terrible - President

I'm really into agility. It seems as though the consensus is it's worth the money :P
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

I think I'll try Clean Run...

We're in agility right now, we love it. I wouldn't say we're 'serious' about it. We have a LOT to learn but right now we're just having fun with it but I'm very interested so, I will give it a shot!

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

I get Modern Dog, Groomer to Groomer, Whole Dog an Bark. Love them all, but I'm easy to please if there's pictures of dogs in it. LOL Groomer to Groomer is obviously for groomers, and Barkleigh also produces Boarding & Daycare which I used to get, but since I quit doing boarding, I cancelled.

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I think I'll try Clean Run...

We're in agility right now, we love it. I wouldn't say we're 'serious' about it. We have a LOT to learn but right now we're just having fun with it but I'm very interested so, I will give it a shot!
Depending on how much you want to spend (one year, or trial) I'm sure you'll find something very useful in every issue! You may decide not to keep going with it, but I'll probably always hang on to my few copies as I do keep going back to both the fun back-yard training game set ups they put in every issue, and the nice articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyGroomer View Post
but I'm easy to please if there's pictures of dogs in it. LOL
LOL, I'll admit it! I'm the same! Only reason I ever started with Dog Fancy, but yeah it just wasn't worth the low quality repeating articles any more. I DO also grab those magazines they put out at the dog shows if I see them though, just to browse all the lovely pictures, lol.

OH! And I just remember, another mag that went dead several years ago I use to get, Dog & Kennel, VERY small magazine, but I liked their stories, articles, and breed profiles better than Dog fancy. Had a VERY rough time at the end with them though, and never did receive the last 2 issue I was owned or a refund! Tough times.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Silence, peasants.

Just bringing this up to say I finally caved and subscribed to the online version of Cleanrun today. You never know, I may eventually get into agility, and I really wanted a dog magazine to read.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Puppy Dog

I've been debating whether to splurge on a dog magazine, but I can't seem to find anything that suits want I want. I noticed that Dog Fancy seems to have mostly ads, blah. And we're not into agility yet.

Really, I want lots of pictures, breed bios, interesting articles about sports, foods, science. I don't need gushy "How Spike Became My Bestest Friend" crap. Any recommendations?

GYPSY, border collie & Australian shepherd mix, 1/10/10
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten&Gypsy View Post
I've been debating whether to splurge on a dog magazine, but I can't seem to find anything that suits want I want. I noticed that Dog Fancy seems to have mostly ads, blah. And we're not into agility yet.

Really, I want lots of pictures, breed bios, interesting articles about sports, foods, science. I don't need gushy "How Spike Became My Bestest Friend" crap. Any recommendations?
Sorry I really don't! Those were also the kinds that I was very attracted to, and they've all up and died in the last decade ! The only place I can seem to get a lot of very nice breed pictures and some bios is in the "show" magazines, usually set out at dog shows for people to pick up I'm not sure if you can subscribe to any of them other than Dogs in review, Show sight and Canine chronicle are the other two I remember, Show sight has more articles in it with breed spotlights. Oh, this one also just came up on Facebook recently, it looks really interesting but I don't know about splurging on an overseas magazine right now: http://www.en.herdingworld.tarinoi.fi/