Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM
The Monster.

Cohen is docked and has had her dewclaws removed. I wish neither had been done. She has bare scars where her dewclaws used to be that constantly get scratched and bloody because there's no fur there to protect it. Plus there's talk of tendon issues in dogs who've had dewclaws removed. Her lack of tail must in some way, shape or form effect her balance and maneuverability. I'm pretty convinced that she'd have her handstand trick down pat if she had a tail to act as ballast. Plus, I think she'd look better with a tail.

When she was a puppy I liked that she'd been cropped and had her dewclaws removed. I thought it was a sign that I got her from a good breeder who cared about the breed standard. Now, the breed standard matters much less to me than functionality.

However, I have zero problem with people docking, cropping, etc their dogs as long as they're well educated about the process and potential ramifications of it.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog