Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Thanks for the responses guys, I am back on the wagon today, workout and everything!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Obey the Toad.

Just weighed in and I'm down 2.8! I thought I did poorly this week and was going to be happy to lose anything, didn't expect that much!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Thanks for the responses guys, I am back on the wagon today, workout and everything!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Yay, awesome job! Have I mentioned how much I love your sig?

Just got done with a 1.25 mile walk/run. 220cal burned! My hip hurts, but I suppose that's to be expected.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Well, after some talk with other paleo/primal folks, I've decided NOT to cut out the cheese... because I am way ridiculously low on my calories. Lower than I thought. I should be eating over 2200 calories a day.

I'm going to get a little personal for a minute. When I was a kid I was skinny, SUPER skinny. People made fun of me. My parents and family made fun of me. I wouldn't even eat a whole four piece chicken nugget by myself, I just didn't eat a lot and I was just skinny... my (overweight) aunt and uncle would laugh at how little food I put on my plate and call me a "mouse," "oh look at the little mouse eating," "Oh little mouse bites." In middle school I was cornered by three girls who demanded to know if I was anorexic, if I made myself throw up, "if you are, it's okay, you can tell us." Apparently it was a rumor.
So I started stuffing myself. I was tired of the comments so I developed a habit of overeating. I still vividly remember being proud of myself one day when I ordered a large pizza and ate the entire thing myself.

This exploded on me when puberty hit. Suddenly I was no longer just plain skinny, suddenly my hips and butt got big. And I was in this habit of overeating because I had forced myself to do it to stop the teasing.

It wasn't exactly difficult to stop overeating; I just had to learn portion control. I lost a LOT of weight in my early twenties by just changing my portion sizes. Which is basically my problem... I'm still eating the same size portions I ate when I was losing weight/not working out. But running three times a week, training for a half marathon, hard cross-training twice a week, and strength training/weight lifting... I can't sustain on that anymore.

So I have to eat more. A LOT more.

And I'm having a REALLY hard time with this because every part of my brain is screaming NO NO NO at the idea of forcing myself to overeat again.
There. I said it out loud.
I don't know how this is going to go.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Hit the "20 pounds lost" mark as of this morning.

That is all
Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Kotah BEAR

(((hugs))) Beanie.
Get that horrible mindset out of the way. Dont even think about it. You will be fine. You look great! And are seriously one gorgeous woman.

Ok talked to a recruiter just now and I have 30 lbs left to lose. SO EXCITED! I need this weight gone like now lol But since that is impossible, I am about to work my ass off.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

A little late here but I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, at least for a while! I haven't got much to lose but I'd like to drop about 5lbs. I'm 5' 5'' and 115lbs. A few years ago I was 120-125lbs and I spent about 3 weeks or a month actually paying attention to what I was eating and doing concentrated workouts (I get lots of exercise generally day to day but I started running on a treadmill about 5 days a week) and I dropped down to 110lbs, which I loved. I'd like to get back to that, just because I can see how the weight just slowly builds back up and I'd really rather it didn't just keep going.

Today's been a good day for eating so far, but not so great for exercise. I think I need to start running again even though the weather is awful these days!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Obey the Toad.

Well this is going to be a tough weekend-dads birthday is tomorrow then Superbowl Sunday! Wish me luck!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Beanie, thank you for sharing your story . (((HUGS)))

Since my scale isn't showing progress and I only juststarted measuring I decided to take another bra and undies photo and compare to my first one. It shows . Only a little and just in my mid section BUT IT IS NOTICEABLE. My body IS changing . Totally renews my determination.

Today was a crazy busy day with Hannahs gymnastics, bowling with the moms group and a playdate at a friends house. We didn't get home until 5 and I had to get chicken out to defrost for dinner and get Hannah something to eat and a few other things. It would have been so easy to justify blowing off todays workout but I didn't. I did a 45 minute Turbo sculpt and I rocked it. We didn't eat dinner until almost 7:30 lol but I didn't blow off my workout

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney