Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post

Actually, there are some guide dog handlers that use those, or something similar. Not many, but there are some.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I want the aforementioned toaster.
RIGHT? That was my first thought!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Top Dog

I need that toaster!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

Recently at the verizon store, I saw a device for your dog that allows him to use GPS and texting. The advertisement was something like a picture of a dog in a park with a thing on his collar, and his owner getting a text that says "At the park!" I was like "waaaaat?"

Apparently, it's kind of like a microchip, except not. If your dog is lost, you can have a GPS signal sent to your phone to find him, and if he ends up somewhere like a vet's office or something, the device will text you to tell you where he is.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Recently at the verizon store, I saw a device for your dog that allows him to use GPS and texting. The advertisement was something like a picture of a dog in a park with a thing on his collar, and his owner getting a text that says "At the park!" I was like "waaaaat?"

Apparently, it's kind of like a microchip, except not. If your dog is lost, you can have a GPS signal sent to your phone to find him, and if he ends up somewhere like a vet's office or something, the device will text you to tell you where he is.
Ok, that's kind of cool.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Silence, peasants.

Shortly after writing I wanted the toaster, I remembered that I am allergic to gluten and do not eat bread, haha. I guess I'll just buy it and make toast for everyone in my household.
Because that's the only sensible thing to do.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

Sienna has one of those GPS things! Not sure if it's the same one, but I got her this: http://www.pettracker.com/ when I had to leave her with my parents for the holidays. (I'm not paranoid at all LOL.)

It's pretty cool, actually. It sends text and email alerts when the dog leaves the "zone" and then you can track where they are. It also alerts you when the dog is back in the zone. I knew exactly when she was getting walked and where. It also tracks the dog's activity level which is kind of neat.

Now that I'm home I don't make her wear it all the time (it doesn't fit on her rolled leather collar and she looks silly in a flat one) but I will definitely use it for offleash hikes, etc. Someday hopefully they will make actual microchips with GPS, then there won't be so many unclaimed stray dogs in the shelters.

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking