Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm not gonna post pics because it's in disarray, being semi-packed, some of it is already at my house, some is still here...
I bought some drawers that stack and come in different sizes; I have four drawers. The top drawer is small and holds the sweaters and coats. The second drawer holds all the bags of treats and the can with bully sticks in them. Underneath that is all the treat dispensing toys; the last drawer is like a miscellaneous drawer. I think all that's in the misc drawer right now is poop bags... and multiple extra Kong squeakers on a rope.

I loved Falon's idea of pre-packed bags so much last time we did this and I finally found bags I liked, so I have a dock diving bag, an agility bag, and a herding bag. I don't really need an obedience or rally bag right now, all that would go in it would be our single dumbbell LOL. I don't remember right now what's even in all the bags... I know there's a clicker and poop bags in each, herding bag has a clod of sheep hair (Auggie's breeder has haired sheep, not wooly sheep) for the dogs to play with and a long line. Agility bag has some tugs that are just for agility work and a Kong squeaker on a rope, and I think a stopwatch (if it's not in there it needs to be in there); dock diving bag I think also has a long line, Payton's new wubba just for dock diving, and another Kong squeaker on a rope.

I have a grooming box for all our grooming stuff. Like straight out of PetEdge grooming box. That and my grooming table, some of my best Christmas gifts of all time! There's a small plastic basket in the basement by the mud sink with shampoos and the Kong Zoom Grooms in it. I also have a plastic tote for health stuff like Bitter Apple, Trifexis, Frontline, the leftover Tylan powder, Benadryl, that sort of thing.

In my car is a metal "lunchbox" that holds the slip leads we use for agility trials and the flat buckle collars for ob/rally. I leave them in the trunk of my car; I never use the flat buckles or slip leads anywhere but trials so no reason to pack and unpack them. There's also a spare Kong on a rope in there. I also keep a spare grooming brush in my trunk.

Each dog has their own binder for medical records, pedigree, and title certs. I JUST got Payton's first title cert today by the way. LOL oh CGC you make me so unreasonably proud.

There's a box on top of their crates that most of the leads are in.

For toys, there's a small box in the living room (they don't really play in there anymore because my dad yells at them for getting "too wild," i.e. playing.) and a large bone shaped box in the office here with plush toys. I have a small crate for tennis balls, a small crate for non-tennis balls (mostly plastic-type balls), a crate for plastic toys, and another crate just for all the sheep toys... there's a small pile in my bedroom for Payton to play with at night (I don't care if he plays by himself at 3AM as long as he's quiet.) Once we're moved in this will change, the majority of the toys will be in the living room and only a small box in the office, possibly a small box in the library as well because I'm dreaming of curling up in my chair in there to read so the dogs will need a toy or something. Oh, I also have a small plastic basket for outside toys - the Chuck It balls, the flying squirrel, the bumi, that sort of thing.

Things will be organized differently at my house; for one thing, the treats will probably go in a kitchen cabinet and I would like the treat dispensing toys to be in a tote in the kitchen near the treats and food, so more things will be able to hide nicely in the drawers. (treat dispensing toys take up a LOT of space!) I can't put holes in the wall to hang things here and I plan to hang their main leads up at my house. So... it's kinda disorganized right now because I don't have the liberty to REALLY organize it nicely. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

Uhm... I don't really have a system persay, more like crap everywhere with no obvious place or use.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Top Dog

Kastle has a mini duffle for day to day training with accessories: a ball on a string, a tracking line, an obedience line, tracking articles, fursavers, and pinch collars. I also have a small show bag with Dremel, show collars, show leads, special shine spray I mix myself, an undercoat rake and, of course, another ball on a string...I usually toss treats in there before we leave too. Poop bags are in everything.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Top Dog

Our stuff is kind of, um, everywhere....

There's actually a bit of a system. I have a few drawers in my kitchen that have extra collars and leashes, as well as medication and treats (the drawers are deep). One of the drawers that's smaller has dremel, nail clippers, poop bags, etc. His regular leash is hung up on our hall tree and his coats are in our coat closet.

I know I need to go through some of it, though.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Puppy Dog

No organization here either. The leashes and treats each have their general location, but Gypsy's toys? Everywhere. Every room. Every corner. Gypsy likes them that way. If you put them away, in a basket we tried to designate for that purpose, she will systematically disperse them throughout the house. Like a chore.

GYPSY, border collie & Australian shepherd mix, 1/10/10
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I love threads like this

It's awesome to see how everyone else organizes their dog stuff.

Our dog stuff is throughout the house, but it's all organized really well.

First, the chihuahuas have their own room. The little plastic thing with drawers houses Heartgard, flea/tick meds, brushes, and other little odds and ends. Clean up supplies are in the basket. Harnesses are in the little box with the flowers

20120317-DSC_6523 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

We keep some toys in their room toybox:

20120317-DSC_6521 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Coats and larger storage items are in their own closet.

All of our leashes are hung on 2 of these hooks by our front door (this isn't my pic, though):

We have a larger toybox for all of them in our living room, but it's at the point of being overflowing. lol.

We keep a basket full of dog treats by our back door as well.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post

Then I have gear bags for each sport (SchH, Flyball, Agility/trick/prop/misc etc)

More pics of everything I cram in those, HERE.

Each of my dogs also have a binder with their registration paperwork, titles, certificates, shot records etc - things I travel with just in case I need them at a trial or something.

In the living room we have an old style crate with their chew toys.
THE ORGANIZATION! My eyes are burning *hisses* lol

You should come to my house and organize for me! K THANKS

Art and Talon only have a cardboard box that we cut the top off of. My sister painted it for them and I think it looks awesome! Otherwise, all their leashes/collars/etc are shoved in a cabinet lol I'm not organized :/
Old 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I love threads like this

It's awesome to see how everyone else organizes their dog stuff.

Our dog stuff is throughout the house, but it's all organized really well.

First, the chihuahuas have their own room. The little plastic thing with drawers houses Heartgard, flea/tick meds, brushes, and other little odds and ends. Clean up supplies are in the basket. Harnesses are in the little box with the flowers

20120317-DSC_6523 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

We keep some toys in their room toybox:

20120317-DSC_6521 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Coats and larger storage items are in their own closet.

All of our leashes are hung on 2 of these hooks by our front door (this isn't my pic, though):

We have a larger toybox for all of them in our living room, but it's at the point of being overflowing. lol.

We keep a basket full of dog treats by our back door as well.
I LOVE that your Chi's have their own room. That's so awesome. When I have my own place, if I have the extra space, I'd love to make one a 'dog room'.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

The dogs don't wear their collars save for when we go out, so all of those are currently in a pile by the front door. Lol I have my spare collars/leashes/etc. hanging on a coat rack. The little ones' coats hang on the coat rack, too. Treats, food, meds, grooming supplies, etc. are all in storage containers on top of the dog crate.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Resident fainting goat

His crate area is a work in progress! He will soon have a cover for it.. but for now

Merlin has a treat bin

and toy box

and his everyday leashes/collars hang on hooks by the door

His dog food is stored in one of these.. it's airtight, has wheels and fits easily behind the door in my kitchen (his treat bin is at the top)

Have ordered this to go on the top of his crate for my books/things!

His fancy/not everyday collars/things are on top of his crate

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.