Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Husky went missing, the neighbor of the people who took her or where she just ended up saw add and showed neighbor. They said they were keeping her. Neighbor called us because she thought tawny would bite her kids.

We called the police because neighbor thought they would not give her up. They said civil matter. Now if I had written proof of a money demand maybe it would be different, but even with neighbor willing to say they knew it was the same dog no help. Told me were to file paperwork. But two different counties so he wasn't even sure.

So we decided we were just going to get her and we did. They are told not to get involved in a lot of things like this.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
For me this goes in the same category as "How much would you spend to keep your dog alive?"

And my answer is however much I could reasonably afford without being financially ruined. Because I have a husband and two other dogs and I can't be bankrupt and take care of them too. But, that question was the incentive for me to have an emergency fund that is specifically for human/dog catastrophe. So we could afford a pretty substantial amount before we had to give up.
Having had a dog stolen this is not at all the same to me. When a dog is gone you don't know if they are suffering, or what is going on. Keeping them alive at all costs is different. The unknown is horrible. I WOULD risk much to get Dekka back if she was missing, my other animals a little less.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I love my dogs, but $15,000?!

It would be devastating to have a dog get lost or stolen, but I don't know if I could fork over $15,000. Call me heartless.

I couldn't financially ruin my family for the return of my pet, unfortunately. Though, I've never been put in that position, so I'm not sure how far I would go. I hope I never have to find out.
This.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I don't know...I mean on one hand I would do whatever I needed to in order to get my dogs back but I can't help but have a "negotiating with terrorists" mentality about it...offering a reward is one thing but $15k seems more like publicizing an incentive to steal dogs...for that person to repeat or for others to copycat...
Not to mention the fact that they keep upping it so now maybe they are waiting to see how high they will keep going and then show up with a "lady we found your dog" hero story.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Having had a dog stolen this is not at all the same to me. When a dog is gone you don't know if they are suffering, or what is going on. Keeping them alive at all costs is different. The unknown is horrible. I WOULD risk much to get Dekka back if she was missing, my other animals a little less.
I meant more in a monetary sense, not an emotional one. Of course there are huge differences between spending money to keep your dog alive and spending money to try and get your dog back.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

If Zander went missing (loose, accident, whatever) I would offer a reward and spread my resources as far as I could for his safe return. News channels, billboards, flyers, all vets within a good 150 mile radius, all shelters and HS's, everything. Everything.

If he was TAKEN. If he was STOLEN. There would be hell to pay, period. I would undoubtedly become someone's worst nightmare. I don't care if it was an AC officer who mistook him for a wolf and simply removed him from my yard or some meth head hoping to pawn him off for money. Your face would be plastered everywhere with a giant flyer saying DOG THIEF. I would ruin your career. I would ruin your life. Legal charges would be pursued. Try me.

If someone found him and didn't want to return him? I would call the police, inform them what was happening and what I planned to do with or without their help and/or presence. And the above would probably be applicable for the idiot who was stupid enough to take MY dog. Family wanting a new doggy or just plain idiot.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
If Zander went missing (loose, accident, whatever) I would offer a reward and spread my resources as far as I could for his safe return. News channels, billboards, flyers, all vets within a good 150 mile radius, all shelters and HS's, everything. Everything.

If he was TAKEN. If he was STOLEN. There would be hell to pay, period. I would undoubtedly become someone's worst nightmare. I don't care if it was an AC officer who mistook him for a wolf and simply removed him from my yard or some meth head hoping to pawn him off for money. Your face would be plastered everywhere with a giant flyer saying DOG THIEF. I would ruin your career. I would ruin your life. Legal charges would be pursued. Try me.

If someone found him and didn't want to return him? I would call the police, inform them what was happening and what I planned to do with or without their help and/or presence. And the above would probably be applicable for the idiot who was stupid enough to take MY dog. Family wanting a new doggy or just plain idiot.
Remind me not to even look at Zander wrong lol jk of course.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I don't know...I mean on one hand I would do whatever I needed to in order to get my dogs back but I can't help but have a "negotiating with terrorists" mentality about it...offering a reward is one thing but $15k seems more like publicizing an incentive to steal dogs...for that person to repeat or for others to copycat...
That.

It makes me want to cry just thinking about either of my dogs being stolen though.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

I would probably start at some amount lower than $1000. I would offer 15k if I was getting no results and had the money to spare. I probably wouldn't refinance my house or go for broke doing it though.

I do not like to take money from people when I find their animals. I refuse, tell them to donate it somewhere instead.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Which dog?

I'd offer quite a bit.