Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that for some individuals, vaccination can have harmful side effects. Having said that: Correlation is not causation, and the plural of anecdote is not data.

Being more afraid of vaccines than the diseases they protect against is one of the luxuries of living in a world where vaccination has been the norm for decades. Once the pendulum swings far enough back that we start seeing serious disease outbreaks, it will start swinging back the other way, I'm sure.

I don't doubt that there are adverse effects of vaccines. I've seen vaccine reactions first hand. Heck, Gavorche gets a "rabies bump" every time he's vaccinated that lasts for a few months (except this last time...got it over his shoulders instead of his hip, and there was no bump!).

BUT, I think this "article" is way extreme and is attributing way too much to the vaccine. Another vaccinated dog passing it on?? Uhm, yeah...not buying that one yet. I'm much more inclined to believe any of the described behaviors are products of other things.