Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Top Dog

I'm freezing. I really just want to set myself on fire just to be toasty. You would think someone who spent the majority of their life in the midwest would be used to the cold, but apparently years in Arizona has reset my internal thermometer.

God help me if we ever move anywhere with real seasons
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

So I don't have dental insurance at work... I have accidental dental, but it doesn't cover cleanings or fillings and stuff. I have a history of having pretty weak teeth... haven't had fillings in years, but several years ago I had a cavity, had the tooth fracture, needed a root canal, crown, blah blah blah. It was INSANELY expensive and put me over my max coverage for the year so we had to pay quite a bit out of pocket too...
So basically I don't really want to be without dental insurance.

But holy moly, dental insurance on it's own is EXPENSIVE. And the waiting periods are ridiculous. My tooth fractured because my dentist already is booked so far out that I couldn't get the filling taken care of for months after my exam found it (literally the tooth fractured four days before I was going to go in and have the filling done...) so I'm terrified by these waiting periods. I have no clue what to do. Insurance is always gambling that you're going to need it... urgh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
So I don't have dental insurance at work... I have accidental dental, but it doesn't cover cleanings or fillings and stuff. I have a history of having pretty weak teeth... haven't had fillings in years, but several years ago I had a cavity, had the tooth fracture, needed a root canal, crown, blah blah blah. It was INSANELY expensive and put me over my max coverage for the year so we had to pay quite a bit out of pocket too...
So basically I don't really want to be without dental insurance.

But holy moly, dental insurance on it's own is EXPENSIVE. And the waiting periods are ridiculous. My tooth fractured because my dentist already is booked so far out that I couldn't get the filling taken care of for months after my exam found it (literally the tooth fractured four days before I was going to go in and have the filling done...) so I'm terrified by these waiting periods. I have no clue what to do. Insurance is always gambling that you're going to need it... urgh.
Look at MetLife. That's who I have. Im under my step dad's insurance but from my understanding they are great and will work with you.

I have to get a bunch of work done on my teeth within the next month and instead of paying almost $1900, im only paying $122 out of pocket. If you find a dentist in network with the insurance company then you will pay next to nothing. MetLife will pay 80%. Which is awesome!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

The weather has been crazy this week. 70 yesterday and then it stormed and stormed all day long. We even lost power for a few hours. Today it's SNOWING. Not any 'good' snow, but still....snow. And tomorrow it's supposed to go back up to the 50's.

This weather is messing with my sinuses.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Texted my friend and told her everything, how I'm feeling, how she's been one of my best friends for ever and I don't want to lose her and I hope we can work things out, and the text has been marked as read for almost an hour and she hasn't said anything. She's at school so hopefully she's just waiting for class to end and then she'll reply but I'm feeling really antsy and upset about it.:/ I just hope we can work this out.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm getting old, it just really depressed me sitting in traffic and watching a young high school kid lighting up a smoke. Kid, really? Sad.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I'm getting old, it just really depressed me sitting in traffic and watching a young high school kid lighting up a smoke. Kid, really? Sad.
I would got out of my car, grabbed their cig, threw it on the ground, stepped on it, and then I would of said "your welcome".
I wish someone would of done that to me. Though I was legal smoking age when I started but still.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Texted my friend and told her everything, how I'm feeling, how she's been one of my best friends for ever and I don't want to lose her and I hope we can work things out, and the text has been marked as read for almost an hour and she hasn't said anything. She's at school so hopefully she's just waiting for class to end and then she'll reply but I'm feeling really antsy and upset about it.:/ I just hope we can work this out.
Breath. Calm down. It'll be ok
And watch Anastasia (sp?)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Look at MetLife. That's who I have. Im under my step dad's insurance but from my understanding they are great and will work with you.

I have to get a bunch of work done on my teeth within the next month and instead of paying almost $1900, im only paying $122 out of pocket. If you find a dentist in network with the insurance company then you will pay next to nothing. MetLife will pay 80%. Which is awesome!
It's actually the monthly premiums that I'm talking about - and buying individual insurance rather than having it be a group insurance kinda sucks. Your premiums are higher and your coverage isn't as good. Plus the wait periods, like I mentioned - 6 months for a filling. 12 months for a root canal. My mom had an infected tooth that was so painful she couldn't eat until after she had the root canal done (and then several days after the root canal once that had healed up.) I can't imagine having a 12 month waiting period for that...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Breath. Calm down. It'll be ok
And watch Anastasia (sp?)
Hahaha thanks dak

And I know it'll be okay, I know this won't kill me, but it breaks my heart. And I wish I could get rid of this feeling in my stomach. Since yesterday I've had the WORST stomachache from being upset over this. A broken heart actually does physically hurt. And I want so bad to get rid of it. That's why I couldn't just let it go and I had to text her about it. It's eating me up inside. You know that feeling you get in your stomach when you slip or almost fall? My stomach feels like that all the time, never ending. I can't stand it. I feel like someone could say hi to me and I would start crying. I'm just on edge and upset and I really wish I could feel okay. And I think part of it is that my sister is feeling the same way (this girl is our mutual best friend) and I'm sad for both of us.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)