Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
As for the walking and heavy feeling, I think I've mentioned it before, but a support belt will work wonders. I had to get one around 24 weeks as well because the ligament pain was pretty bad when I walked.
This this so much this! I forgot to thank you for recommending this for me Jen! I got one awhile ago and it makes a HUGE difference in the amount of pelvic pain I have. I wear it into work (I have a fair distance to walk in/out), when I stand around in the kitchen, when I go to the park (I can go to the park again yay!), the grocery store, and anywhere else I think it will be useful. I do not think it's being dramatic to say that it's been life changing. I can be a ton more active now (and not pay for it for three days).

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
This this so much this! I forgot to thank you for recommending this for me Jen! I got one awhile ago and it makes a HUGE difference in the amount of pelvic pain I have. I wear it into work (I have a fair distance to walk in/out), when I stand around in the kitchen, when I go to the park (I can go to the park again yay!), the grocery store, and anywhere else I think it will be useful. I do not think it's being dramatic to say that it's been life changing. I can be a ton more active now (and not pay for it for three days).
Yay!! Glad it helped you too!

There is also one for after you have the baby, I just bought it on the weekend, called the Belly Bandit (there are other brands too but this one I've read came recommended). Helps hold all of your muscles in and keep belly tight for the weeks after you have the baby. Supposed to help get you back to 'normal' size faster as well, but I mostly bought it for the support aspect.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

My second trimester is easily worse than my first. I thought this was the trimester you were supposed to glow and feel great? I am tired, all the time, nauseous, I feel like crud... And bending and moving around in general seems to just be uncomfortable no matter what I do even though I'm not that big yet. Uuurghhh

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
Yay!! Glad it helped you too!

There is also one for after you have the baby, I just bought it on the weekend, called the Belly Bandit (there are other brands too but this one I've read came recommended). Helps hold all of your muscles in and keep belly tight for the weeks after you have the baby. Supposed to help get you back to 'normal' size faster as well, but I mostly bought it for the support aspect.
I'll have to look into that! I'm hoping to be fairly active while I'm on leave (spring time is my favorite hiking/being outdoor time) so I'm into anything that will help.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
My second trimester is easily worse than my first. I thought this was the trimester you were supposed to glow and feel great? I am tired, all the time, nauseous, I feel like crud... And bending and moving around in general seems to just be uncomfortable no matter what I do even though I'm not that big yet. Uuurghhh
Unfortunately not everyone feels great in the second tri. It is very individual. Sorry you're having a rough time!

Mine was ok but I had bad hip/pelvic pain starting at 20 weeks and still had weird appetite moments off and on. I found taking a liquid iron supp helped with the tiredness and nausea quite a bit actually. You might want to try that!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

I felt horrible from week 7 onward and just got worse at Christmas (16 weeks ish). I'm now into my 21st week and just starting to feel a bit better.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

The past week has been full of movements that I can feel from the inside, with my hands and that I can see!!! It's super cook to watch my belly jump. I'm already so head over heels for this baby that I can't focus on anything else!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Behavior Nerd

The most recent episode of The New Normal was all about breastfeeding and even breastfeeding in public. It was pretty cool!

eta: There were a few bits of misinformation, and all the NIP was with covers, but other than that, it seemed well done!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
The past week has been full of movements that I can feel from the inside, with my hands and that I can see!!! It's super cook to watch my belly jump. I'm already so head over heels for this baby that I can't focus on anything else!
That is so awesome!

I'm at the stage where kicks are a lot less and there is more stretching/rolling going on, which feels very strange and makes for some really interesting stomach shapes (like the pic I posted before of my weird stomach - it happens like every couple of hours now lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
The most recent episode of The New Normal was all about breastfeeding and even breastfeeding in public. It was pretty cool!

eta: There were a few bits of misinformation, and all the NIP was with covers, but other than that, it seemed well done!
Cool, I will have to check it out!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Behavior Nerd

New study released: over 15000 women sampled, shows **6%** C-sec rate in women planning to birth at a birth center, vs the over 30% c-sec rate in the US. o.O

http://www.midwife.org/NBCSII