Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Smile Dog Show - Aussies, Akitas, Huskies and some!

Long time since I last posted! How is everyone? I attended a local dog recently and since you guys love some dog pictures I thought I'd share them with you.
I absolutely loved the Australian Shepherds, particularly the blue merle guy Chile!

My favourite dog of the day! Chile the Aussie
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Ok.. that was a lot of photos right? Sorry if it was a little bit of overkill. There's a few more on my Flickr if you wanna nosey! dog show - on flickr

Anyways, let me know what dogs are your favourites!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I LOVE your pics!!! They are amazing!

Helps that the subjects are just SUPER adorable as well.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Kotah BEAR

I love them all! Gorgeous dogs esp the aussies, rottie, and sibes.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM
swimming upstream

noooo--that was not too many pictures! They were awesome--loved seeing all the different dogs!

Now--stick around for a while!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

WOW!! You probably vanished from Chaz before I joined, because I don't recognize your username/photography, but I am GLAD you're back. Please stick around and post more - I love your photos.

Was at a dog show a week ago and really wishing I had a wide angle/mid-range zoom lens that wasn't so ultrawide (had a 11-16mm on me). Now I really want one

I really like these especially:

Oh, and this... both the dog and the boy Good looking SO! http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinyspa...57632625602761
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Thanks guys for the lovely comments and making me feel so welcome again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter'smybaby View Post
noooo--that was not too many pictures! They were awesome--loved seeing all the different dogs!

Now--stick around for a while!
I'm planning to this time around I've missed seeing some of my favourite dogs and catching updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
WOW!! You probably vanished from Chaz before I joined, because I don't recognize your username/photography, but I am GLAD you're back. Please stick around and post more - I love your photos.

Was at a dog show a week ago and really wishing I had a wide angle/mid-range zoom lens that wasn't so ultrawide (had a 11-16mm on me). Now I really want one
Yeah, gosh it's really been so long since I've posted regularly here. I was much more active when my dog Matisse was a puppy, up until he was about 3. And he's 5 now, so it really HAS been a while!

Oh and thanks so much!
I just checked out some of your previous photo threads - looks like you're very much into photography yourself! Spotted some lovely photos, I love the one in your signature! Gorgeous dog.

What camera and equipment do you use? I have a 11-16mm lens too, is yours the Tokina f/2.8? Fun lens, but like you said the mid-range is pretty useful - I used a Tamron f/2.8 17-50 for the majority of these shots, then whipped out the big one for some of the pictures of the dogs in the ring. It's a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, I bought it earlier this year but I've only used it about 4 times so it's about time I go to the zoo or something to put it to good use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Oh, and this... both the dog and the boy Good looking SO! http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinyspa...57632625602761
Haha, why thank you! I'll have to tell him he received a compliment from a Chazzer!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
I just checked out some of your previous photo threads - looks like you're very much into photography yourself! Spotted some lovely photos, I love the one in your signature! Gorgeous dog.
Oh geez, thank you for being so nice!! I just got a DSLR a little over half a year ago and holy crow is it a crazy addiction. I told myself just one body, the kit lens, and that is all I'll ever need.

Still just learning how to use the camera and taking snapshots. The photographers here on Chaz have been incredible as far as helping me along and providing inspiration/motivation.

Quote:
What camera and equipment do you use? I have a 11-16mm lens too, is yours the Tokina f/2.8? Fun lens, but like you said the mid-range is pretty useful - I used a Tamron f/2.8 17-50 for the majority of these shots, then whipped out the big one for some of the pictures of the dogs in the ring. It's a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8, I bought it earlier this year but I've only used it about 4 times so it's about time I go to the zoo or something to put it to good use!
Yep, just picked up a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. Was not planning to get it because I don't typically do landscape or architecture or astrophotography, but it was too good of a deal... or so I tell myself.

I was actually hoping to get a Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, but now that you mention it, I had no idea they also made a 17-50mm! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one, too, and see which focal length range I prefer. I love my primes, but really enjoy the versatility of a zoom lens, especially for dog shows and events.

Quote:
Haha, why thank you! I'll have to tell him he received a compliment from a Chazzer!
It means more from a Chazzer - it takes a lot to distract us from the dogs