Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Mutts to you

Well, back in the Stone Age... First concert was the Fifth Dimension in 1968 or '69. I think the last was Peter, Paul and Mary at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis. Not a concert-goer, obviously.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Obey the Toad.

Other than Sesame Street Live?

I saw Marilyn Manson when I was 17. It was a good concert but eye opening--mosh pits open drug use, etc.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Allons-y!

Well, I've only been to one "real" concert, which was Mumford & Sons this past summer. It was pretty amazing.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Taxiderpy

I've been going to orchestra concerts and stuff for a long time, since kidhood. The first rock concert I went to was Harvey Danger, which was awesome because it was a hometown concert and people in Olympia are the most polite moshers ever.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Show Dog

The first one I remember was AC/DC. But I went to a LOT of concerts when I was young, and it's not really surprising that I don't remember them all for one reason or another. I think I was 17 for that one, went with my roommate.

Best concert.. Eric Clapton because I love his music and won the limo/concert (Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan) package. It was a great night.

Last concert was last year, Sarah McLachlan with my daughter. We both cried like a babies through In the Arms of an Angel and I Will Remember You.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Backstreet Boys -- I was like 9 years old

BEST night ever. Ended up seeing them a bagillion more times.

I've been to a lot of other concerts in between though, I mean ranging from Good Charlotte to Kenny Chesney, LOL. I couldn't even count them all.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Def Leppard when I was 12?

Best? Garth Brooks in Vegas... Amazing, small intimate theatre (1000 people?) and he was awesome!

Last? Went to see Great Big Sea recently for the third time, I LOVE them... Have a Blue Rodeo concert coming up in a couple weeks..
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

My first concert was Kenny Chesney when I was 13 or 14. I've been to quite a few since then, various settings and sizes.

My favorite was seeing Jason Michael Carroll at a honky tonk. My husband and I are big fans of his, and we were right next to the stage. Somehow my husband told him about how "livin our love song" is our song, and he sang it to us. My husband gave me a big ol kiss and the whole crowd was whooping it up. Gotta love honky tonks lol.

Last concert I went to was Craig Morgan at the same honky tonk. He was really great in person also.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

I took her to NKOTB with me this past time since she took me when I was a kid. She had a blast but probably not as much fun as I did LOL. I tried...
Did you know they have a cruise every year? I want to go next year lol.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

First concert was in seventh grade. A friend scored free tickets to see The Summer Set and All Time Low. Not my kind of music and not really my favorite crowd to hang with, but it was really fun at the time. I fell so cool being downtown at a grimy bar after midnight.

Favorite was Foster the People last summer at Red Rocks. I went with an awesome group of people, the weather was mild, and the stars were bright. I feel like Foster the People is a good star-watching band, so it was great. I met some really cool people, too. After the concert, we went for a late-night hike down on the Boulder trails. That night was pretty much the definition of perfection.

Last concert was at another sketchy bar downtown back in December. It was just a couple of up-and-coming or unappreciated progressive house groups that I don't even remember the names of. Good music, but the sound system wasn't up to date. We left a bit early to catch the light rail home, ended up missing our train, and got locked out in the snow as we were all under 21. Not the best night. lol