Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Really? You love peekachiapompomdoodlewhadadingdongs with nasty demeanors that lunge at you and try to bite, JUST AS EQUALLY as your own breed that you are involved with? You love stupid labs that climb up your face and attack your dog? You love the ugliest POS things in the world (whatever breed fits "ugliest" to you) ABSOLUTELY IN YOUR HEART OF HEARTS exactly the same as the breed you are in love with and choose to own and dedicate your entire mind and soul to? and further, you love ALL THOSE OTHER KINDS OF DOGS EQUALLY WITH YOURS FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THEYRE ALL DOGS?

No. Almost NO ONE who has picked a purebred as their heart of hearts "loves all dogs for dogs". If your mom showed you the most hideous vile puppy she just got that went against everything you believe in, from a pet store, of a breed designer mix you find completely awful, dont tell me you would adore that dog just as much as you adore a puppy from your own breed, on the simple basis that its a dog

It IS a huge issue and it does happen, in the working world, in the show world, in the pet world. Elitism is alive and kicking, and it doesnt even have to be elitism of anything elite "my mixed breed is more sorry and bedraggled than yours, and therefor more worthy of love than yours" etc etc
Old 01-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Actually yes, I still enjoy those dogs, they are my paycheck. Honestly though I realize they are still good dogs mostly, just lackluster owners.

Furthermore no one said equally. I don't like most dogs as much as mine but I still smile and find joy in other dogs.

You however sound like you have enough elitism and snobbery for all of us.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Actually yes, I still enjoy those dogs, they are my paycheck. Honestly though I realize they are still good dogs mostly, just lackluster owners.

Furthermore no one said equally. I don't like most dogs as much as mine but I still smile and find joy in other dogs.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm All Ears

Obviously my dogs are the best. We don't even need to have any more discussion about that.

No really, I do just plain love dogs. Period. All kinds of dogs and breeds. I have met spectacular dogs of every kind of breed. A good dog is a good dog no matter what breed it comes in. Just because you choose to own one type of dog doesn't mean you don't love and appreciate and smile at all the other types of dogs too.

OF COURSE I like my dogs the most. They're MY DOGS. I think they poop gold. I get very happy when I see people that love their dogs as much as I love mine. I think that's what all this 'dog stuff' is all about.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:

LOL right? Well said.

There are very few dogs I work with that I can't take at least a little bit of joy from. There are some, certainly, but even those, I try to remind myself that this is someone else's beloved pet, and a pet that is no less deserving of love than my own.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Maybe the snobbish people described exist, but I really don't think it's the bulk of show dog people.
I agree, as a mixed breed rescue dog owner. The crazy rescue people and the elitist show people do exist - but they are surrounded by a mob of great people on both sides. Of course the discussion is always the lunatics, because it is way more fun to talk about them.

Quote:
you love ALL THOSE OTHER KINDS OF DOGS EQUALLY WITH YOURS FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THEYRE ALL DOGS?
No, because we are talking about individuals at that point. But do I believe that every dog is of equal value? Yes. I think that my $25 death row rescue dog is as worthy as the Best in Show winner at Westminster, and I believe that the labradoodle across the street who goes for a leash walk three times a day but otherwise never does anything is as worthy as my Champion agility dog. Just because we throw a pedigree on a dog or trim it up for a show, it doesn't become a better creature. That's all human invention.

There are an enormous number of dogs I'd never want to own. There's a smaller number (but still quite substantial) that I'd be just as happy never interacting with in any way. Heck, there's a couple dozen on this board that I listen to stories about and think "How in the world does someone live with that?!" But they are worthy in their own right, and I hope their owners feel the same ridiculous depth of love for them as I feel for my dogs.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:

^Nailed it.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Obviously my dogs are the best. We don't even need to have any more discussion about that.

No really, I do just plain love dogs. Period. All kinds of dogs and breeds. I have met spectacular dogs of every kind of breed. A good dog is a good dog no matter what breed it comes in. Just because you choose to own one type of dog doesn't mean you don't love and appreciate and smile at all the other types of dogs too.

OF COURSE I like my dogs the most. They're MY DOGS. I think they poop gold. I get very happy when I see people that love their dogs as much as I love mine. I think that's what all this 'dog stuff' is all about.
If anyone doesn't think their dogs are the best, I don't think they should have dogs. It's like puppies. A friend and I have had "photo wars" on FB, and at some point we started a "cute puppy" photo war, and I pointed out that this war was unwinnable, because if anyone ever admits that their puppy is less cute than another puppy, they don't deserve puppies. (and not deserving puppies would be very, very sad )

It makes me feel good when other people admire my dogs, but I assume and hope that those people like their own dogs better, because as much as I love my friends' dogs, I love mine better.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Before I found Chaz, I thought most 'purebred' people were elitists and snobby. I thought most people who owned small breed dogs were the same way.

Chaz has opened my eyes to a whole different world of dog owning. And I really appreciate the members for doing it. I didn't realize how judgmental I was. (And how little I know about dog owning. I'm working on it!) While I still wouldn't purchase a dog from a breeder, I've come to realize that they aren't better than me for having a purebred dog. AND THEY DON'T THINK THEY ARE.

I am still a shelter/rescue person. This is mainly because there are so many dogs without homes and I don't mind giving them one. I also couldn't justify spending hundreds or thousands on purchasing a dog. But I do not judge the people that don't have rescue/shelter dogs. (And it seems a lot of people that have purebreds also have some sort of rescue mutt.) To me, that's like judging someone for wanting to have their own child instead of adopting. It's not for everyone.

There are still dog breeds that I do not like. I agree with BostonBanker. Some of you guys have dogs that I would have shipped back

I would put myself in the 'dog lover' category, though. I don't love ALL dogs. Not equally. But, for the most part, I enjoy being around dogs. Working with the shelter, I come into contact with a lot of breeds that I personally wouldn't own. But they are still sweet animals that want some loving.

The loudest people are usually not the majority. People shouldn't assume all purebred dog owners are like those crazy people in Best in Show. Just like I hope people don't assume parents are like the ones from Toddlers and Tiaras.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post

There are still dog breeds that I do not like. I agree with BostonBanker. Some of you guys have dogs that I would have shipped back
Oh hell yeah, of course. We're all suited to different things, and knowing that is a big part of what makes someone a successful dog owner. Appreciating isn't the same as wanting to take home, and I don't think it has to be to be meaningful/sincere. I see a LOT of dogs every day and can't really think of one I want to take home off the top of my head... but god knows I see the value in all of them.

Even the ones I would prefer to never interact with again. LOL

And I have to say, I've had the experience of seriously disliking (I'll even say "despising"!) certain client dogs and then I spent a little more time with them and... I like them, even love them.