Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
That's hysterical! Two of my absolute favorite agility people, both of whom have been on World teams, have pap puppies right now. I can't wait to see them running in a couple of years - they are seriously going to be the fastest craziest little dogs on the planet! We don't have a ton of paps around here, but there are a few. I admit, the more I start thinking about my future, the more I kind of think maybe I'll want one for my little dog.

Don't take the comments to heart - I have friends that run Cavaliers and are incredibly competitive, and I know they get the "when are you going to get a real agility dog?" comments frequently. Just go blow them out of the water with your girls

And yay for USDAA! I am always amazed that some regions don't have as many venue choices as we have in the north east. I really do love USDAA best of all.
Haha yeah... I was thinking, I have not seen a pap at any trial in this state. I had a couple people come up and tell me about a guy in a neighboring state running papillons and that they were surprised they were so good at it. I was just amazed at the 'y'all are too little to be agility dogs'/people not thinking the breed would be good at it comments. I really really wanted to say that Mia has relatives competing well and one who made the world team...twice. but I didn't.

I've been having a blast with my two, they're very natural at it. We've almost convinced my trainer she needs one. You should get one, they are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Glad they (and you!) had fun Gamblers/FAST/Fullhouse type courses (depending on venue) are used a lot to introduce new dogs You can pretty much do whatever your baby dog needs and just relax...it's great!

YAY AGILITY

The Papillon rarity thing cracks me up. You really need to move up here...small dog jump heights are a Papillonfest here half the time. They're everywhere! And then you can meet and play with PyrSheps and Mudi too
You have a spare room for us? I really wish I lived in a more 'agility central' kind of state. Things are picking up here. There's some good groups putting things together but it's all SO NEW. It's just such a rural state, I think. On the other hand, it's nice to be a part of a group of people that are still figuring all this out themselves.

I am really kicking myself for not entering gamblers and jumpers. Bah. Oh well.