Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Amylase and Maltase breakdown starch into sugar, yes. And that was all they apparently found during this study.

So the theory that they still aren't getting many vitamins or nutrients out of it stands. Fiber might still, just because of the bulk of the foods, but they don't seem to have found any other proteins or enzymes that suggest dogs are getting any real nutrition out of starches.
Which is why I said opens the door. It's still just my thought process but this study leads me to be more convinced that because they showed an ability to better break down starch that they might be more adapted to utilize the vitamins and nutrients found in them. It also leads me to hope more studies will continue to be done because as things stand right now most "theories" are internet conjecture to my knowledge.

ETA: I guess I complicated it more by adding talking about something other than starch and not keeping it directly related to this study. I just was getting annoyed listening again to the derision targeted at feeding vegetables in a raw diet. So, ignore me.

Last edited by Linds; 01-25-2013 at 10:59 PM.