Discipline aggressive husky need help ASAP or she'll go to shelter

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
sounds like Arabians and Malinois. IE, they are proud and highly intelligent and will react back if they feel they do not *deserve* a correction. Nothing inherintly wrong with this, shes basically telling you "excuse me? i am FINE, **** off, i aint doin nothin wrong!". clearly you DO need to be able to correct her for dangerous behavior that puts herself in harms way, so find another way to discipline that doesnt cause her to feel like shes being treated unfairly. And until you get a handle on it, leave a snugly fitting collar and 6+ ft lead dragging on her at all times, do you have a physical means to remove her without getting bit. And try being more low key. "Um, what are you doing? Not acceptable missy" while dragging her away from the offending item is less likely to make her feel angry than "NO!!!!! *manhandle maul shove*

#1, revived old thread, just so people know.

#2, I only skimmed the first post and the reviver post, this is all I'll add, see #3 under "don't" (It's self defense!)...

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
#1, revived old thread, just so people know.

#2, I only skimmed the first post and the reviver post, this is all I'll add, see #3 under "don't" (It's self defense!)...

What a great picture, and confrontational is right! Esp in a breed like a Sibe, we cant expect them to act like a pit bull and roll over when a human speaks sternly lol.

Sorry to bump an old topic, it came to the top of my list and was bolded (new post) my bad ><

Sorry to bump an old topic, it came to the top of my list and was bolded (new post) my bad ><
Oh no don't worry, you didn't, it was this new user one page back-

Hello i have a 19 week huskamute (husky x malamute) who had that same problem, after alot of research i managed to resolve the problem.
Firstly you need to make it clear that you are the alfa male, this can be done in the simplest of ways, e.g. you walk through a door before your dog does, when you come home you do not greet the dog you let the dog come and greet u first.
as for the dog going for you when discipline, when you do try to discipline stand up, make yourself stand taller than your dog, tell firmly NO (no shouting needed) just change your tone. if she the dog still tries to bite grab its snout and hold shut and tell NO again then let go(its not cruel).
It will take a few tries but they will learn. spend 20 minutes/half an hour training every day. the more time you spend with the dog the more they will respect and trust you. You need to be persistant.
I hope this was some help, also after telling them off ignore them for half hour or sometimes up to an hour.
They dont like the fact they are not getting attention and will grovel to you for it.
It worked for me a treat i hope it works well for you.
Good Luck

What a great picture, and confrontational is right! Esp in a breed like a Sibe, we cant expect them to act like a pit bull and roll over when a human speaks sternly lol.
Yeah, Enda melts and slinks away when you raise your tone, and don't even think about dropping the F bomb in this house! They all go running for the hills, they have not been physically punished by this, for whatever reason they just seem to know "s-it's gonna hit the fan", to whom ever said dogs can't understand us, LOL!

katedavis

I'll try switching to another word, and not pulling. If you don't yet at her you can grab her collar without her snapping. But once you yell than that is when she will start snapping and trying to bite. My main concern is for my daughter's and stepson's safety. If they were maybe 10+ years old I wouldn't be so worried but my daughter's only 1 on my youngest stepson is 5. I think we might try to find her another home but definetely not with small children, and the people would have to be experienced with dogs as well. I hate to give her up but she worries me. She also doesn't seem at home here either, it looks like she is constantly trying to go somewhere (like she's trying to get somewhere). I don't know maybe she's trying to get home, but she just acts like she doesn't feel at home here.
I think it is probably time to think about getting into classes with dog. I have been to a bunch of classes, not because I can't teach a dog to sit or down, but a good trainer can see things I can't, how I interact with the dog, what I might be telling the dog, that I don't realize because I am not seeing myself. Everything from excessive barking, Dog Obedience, mouthing issues, counter surfing, house breaking trainers will surely teach you the theoretical and hanks on techniques.

Members online