Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Forum Help and Information

Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keechak View Post
I am horrible at remembering who has what dogs so I NEED signatures to remember your dog. If you don't have a signature with your dog in it chances are I don't remember your dogs name no matter how often you post lol.

I try and make my own signature as informative as possible while still making it visually appealing(at least I hope) with a bit of useful information on each of my dogs. I actually write every post with the assumption that people can see my signature and have even referred people to look at my signature for information, guess I got to stop that habit.
Cara is offended.

Seriously though, signatures help me remember who's who and I've never really been bothered. *shrug*

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
Cara is offended.

Seriously though, signatures help me remember who's who and I've never really been bothered. *shrug*
but you do have a signature with Cara in it. And the only reason i remember Upendi and Mina is because they have been in your past signatures
Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Haha, that's me too, but it's not so much changing the sig, it's if they change their avy. Omg. Especially with members I don't know so well.
THIS. If you change your avatar I freak out. On any forum, though, not just here.

I don't think anyone is saying they don't like signatures. What some of us are saying is that while we like the signatures, sometimes there is too much of a good thing. If you have to ask yourself if the sig is too big it's probably time to make it smaller.

If everyone gets their signatures down to a reasonable size, that would be awesome - I would love to turn them on again.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I don't think there needs to be a rule or want to make anyone feel awkward or obligated, just figured I would say something and if anyone had some stuff they are willing to let go of or make smaller they could.
I could probably get rid of the text in mine I guess. It's just that on another forum I was part of there were a couple people who talked like they were these expert training gurus with vast competition experience and this went on for years and then you'd find out they had like...a CD on one dog. Which is great but honestly you'd think they had multiple OTCHs from the way they talked. So I just got in the habit of putting it in my signature so if I ever started down that path someone could just look and think, "WTF? What does she know about proofing scent articles? She's never ever earned a UD!" and take whatever I said with a grain of salt lol.

Kinda silly but I dunno I just prefer to have it out there so there's no misunderstandings, if that makes sense. Delusions of grandeur bother me lol.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

I like sigs that have picture(s) of the dog(s) and the name(s) and breed(s).

People who don't know about a breed may offend someone by saying "Is that a short haired GSD?" In referring to a Malnois. Which I had NEVER heard of before coming onto Chaz.

I don't want my ignorance insulting you

Edit: Stick figures of the dogs are also appropriate

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
such sights to show you

Ha, I get bored of my signature and avatars if I don't change them frequently.

On another forum I frequent, I used to change my username 3-4 times a year, too.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Ha, I get bored of my signature and avatars if I don't change them frequently.

On another forum I frequent, I used to change my username 3-4 times a year, too.
That would seriously make my mind explode. What's worse is when I have chaz friends on facebook. I'm all like "Who the f is this and why are they posting pictures of so-and-so's dog from Chaz!?!" People need to have one identity and it needs to be the same so my head can not explode. (Should provide some clues as to why I chose the username I did )
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

I really hope my new Sig isn't too big, that's why I changed it the other one somehow came out too obnoxiously huge! I tried to get this one smaller but, somehow it's still larger than I would have liked it, oh well.

I, in a way, LOVE and HATE sig clutter! I love seeing all the awesome "art" in peoples sigs, and I also like to read all their dogs names and title and such, but I must admit it was really bad some years ago when I was stuck on Dial-up, and that is why I originally chose to frequent another forum where they didn't even allow images in the signatures so it loaded faster, and in some cases some forums where people very obnoxiously clutter theirs wouldn't load at all or would freeze. Obviously I don't have as much of that problem now, but, yeah it can still get annoying.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
That would seriously make my mind explode. What's worse is when I have chaz friends on facebook. I'm all like "Who the f is this and why are they posting pictures of so-and-so's dog from Chaz!?!" People need to have one identity and it needs to be the same so my head can not explode. (Should provide some clues as to why I chose the username I did )
I think it bothered some people that my name switched slightly between another forum and this one lol...took off the last two letters since (1) my account was apparently tagged spam when I first registered here so I had to make a new one and (2) I never really likely my name in the first place but, like many people, I made it on a whim when I registered on the other forum to ask a dog food question...never intended to stay...and yeah. Look where that got me

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Water Junkie

Totally agree with the rest of the crowd, quick question though...is it large/many pictures that take a long time to load, or is it a sig that is higher than average?

I ask because I think mine is pretty tall (and I'll actually probably shorten is now, lol) but it doesn't have many pictures/text. Just wondering!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l