Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
This!!!!

Argh I remember watching that game when that happened. Holy crow I was totally flabbergasted.
To allow that player to go on and play throughout the playoffs made my blood boil. But his daddy was a high up guy in the NHL surprise surprise. He had a lot of dirty hits that season.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
To allow that player to go on and play throughout the playoffs made my blood boil. But his daddy was a high up guy in the NHL surprise surprise. He had a lot of dirty hits that season.
Oh yeah I was livid. Still am. I have a very strong distaste for that guy and that team as a whole lol. He has been a dirty player since he was traded to that team. I actually liked him when he played for the sens (provided we are talking about the same event and the same guy LOL)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Oh yeah I was livid. Still am. I have a very strong distaste for that guy and that team as a whole lol. He has been a dirty player since he was traded to that team. I actually liked him when he played for the sens (provided we are talking about the same event and the same guy LOL)
We are I think.

Upon review it wasn't his dad but I remember a connection between the high ups and the bruins.

They're not a team I enjoy for obvious reasons...

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

LOL for some reason this thread inspired me to go look up a good old canafian classic... THE CHAMP lol please tell me someone remembers what I am talking about

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
We are I think.

Upon review it wasn't his dad but I remember a connection between the high ups and the bruins.

They're not a team I enjoy for obvious reasons...
Oh yeah... We are both talking about Chara lol. I just don't understand how anyone could watch that replay and not see how he waited before he laid him out.

I think perhaps the only player I dislike more is Lucic lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Obey the Toad.

I kind of like the hockey fights-it's all part of the game, just like the touchdown dances in football, etc. Honestly, I wish they'd allow more fights in baseball-it would break up the boring.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I kind of like the hockey fights-it's all part of the game, just like the touchdown dances in football, etc. Honestly, I wish they'd allow more fights in baseball-it would break up the boring.
I absolutely love it when the get a bench clearing brawl going in baseball. It looks bad, but I think it's hilarious, as long as no one is injured.

Did you see the wildcard playoff with the Braves vs the Cardinals? I seriously thought they were going to fight that game.

Pop up fly my a*s.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
orange iguanas.

I love a good hockey fight. Miss Boogaard!

I don't think I've ever really seen it be commonplace for the refs to break it up. Most of the time they just let it go. It's part of the sport, I'd be sad if they started getting strict and not allowing them. The cool thing is, to me.... they beat each other up on the ice but it's not like these are mean violent guys, outside of the game they're harmless.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Top Dog

Fights are part of the sport, every team has a guy whose main purpose is fighting. I've never been a huge fan of the fights that appear planned to rev up the crowd, I prefer legitamate fights that break out after someone say, hits your goalie or hits you after the whistle.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Big Dog

Hockey is the only sport that I actually like to watch. I don't mind the fights. It's the only sport that I understand. There's lots of ediqute of when you can and cannot hit another player and you don't mess with the goalies. Maybe it's just the games I watch, but I don't see too many fights started without reason or allowed to go beyond whats necesary to sort it out.

Baseball isn't too bad, but it can drag on and on sometimes. I really dislike football, but will tolerate others watching it as long as I don't have to sit there and stare at the game the whole time. To me football is just a bunch of guys crashing into eachother to go a few feet and repeating for hours on end. I can't stand Basketball, I figure of both teams can get 100+ points in a game then it must not be that difficult of a sport.