Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Appropriate to pick up your SD? Nope.
Why wouldn't it be appropriate to pick up a service dog? Some SDs are quite small, and can do their job while being held. Though I admit, that one isn't so small.

Nice photos! I like the 2nd one particularly. Too bad the guy was so determined not to use a vest. While it's entirely the disabled person's right to use only the equipment of their choice, of course, I do sometimes wish that people would just make things easier on themselves.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Eh, it honestly looks as unprofessional as having the dog on the seat in a plane.

Thank you, this was one of the classes I assisted with and got to know the students of at my facility in Vegas. I really loved it. We definitely got a few wanna be fakers, to which we required dr notes and they never returned, but mostly we got good people who just needed help.

I love this as well, this was one of the same set from a public access field trip we took with the group.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
SBT Lover!!

There might be a few situations when it is appropriate to pick your service dog up. Saxon is small enough that I can carry him if needed. I have picked him up in extremely crowded situations, to protect him from broken glass on the sidewalk and once to get him away from my mom's dog, who was going after him. It's ok to pick up in emergencies, I don't think, however, think that it is appropriate to constantly carry a service dog or keep a service dog in a purse.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Eh, it honestly looks as unprofessional as having the dog on the seat in a plane.

Thank you, this was one of the classes I assisted with and got to know the students of at my facility in Vegas. I really loved it. We definitely got a few wanna be fakers, to which we required dr notes and they never returned, but mostly we got good people who just needed help.

I love this as well, this was one of the same set from a public access field trip we took with the group.
Awesome photo!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Well, watch where you are walking lol.
In places that don't allow pets no one should have too.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Glutton for Crazy

You shouldn't have to worry in a place that allows pets either but accidents happen and people suck, the solution to the problem seems more about personal responsibility than banning. Litter of any type is nasty though, I totally agree.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
You shouldn't have to worry in a place that allows pets either but accidents happen and people suck, the solution to the problem seems more about personal responsibility than banning. Litter of any type is nasty though, I totally agree.
We get customers in the shop sometimes whose animals poop or pee and they don't tell us. Either an other customer finds it or one of us finds it while stocking shelves. I don't understand why some people don't want to tell us. We won't make you clean it up or anything! We just want to know so we can clean it up ASAP!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
We get customers in the shop sometimes whose animals poop or pee and they don't tell us. Either an other customer finds it or one of us finds it while stocking shelves. I don't understand why some people don't want to tell us. We won't make you clean it up or anything! We just want to know so we can clean it up ASAP!
I make my customers clean it up lol.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I make my customers clean it up lol.
I think they should. Many offer, but it's in our job description that we have to clean up customerdogs' messes.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Are psych dogs considered service dogs? I have been told to possibly consider a pet I can take out with me for my anxiety and agoraphobia. I really doubt I would qualify for a specially trained dog, but I wasn't aware until now that they can be trained by the handler and not just a special facility (am I understanding that correctly or no?). Honestly I even considered a ferret as a psych pet. I know how stupid that must sound but I've seen much stranger service animals; mini horses, pigs, parrots, monkeys. I dunno maybe it wouldn't even help at all.

My Polyvore