Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,806
Default Premier SureFit

Those of you that have one,

is the sizing pretty accurate? What size is your dog and how big are they?

I'm debating between the XS and the Small. Jackson is about 17lbs give or take, and has a girth of over 19".

The XS is 1/2" width and 15"-21" girth. The S is 3/4" girth and 18"-22".

I prefer the 3/4" width over the 1/2". But want to make sure it'll fit him.

I really need a harness like this that is very adjustable, and I can get to fit him good, because he has a lot of different harnesses that I use for different purposes, but none really fit him "perfect". So I'm hoping the SureFit will!
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,546
Default

I initially bought Froman the small size, and he is right at 21.5" girth. It was fine until I washed it and then it was just snug enough that I didn't feel comfortable putting it on him. He wears a medium now.

Is there a store around where you live that you could go try them on Jackson?
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I initially bought Froman the small size, and he is right at 21.5" girth. It was fine until I washed it and then it was just snug enough that I didn't feel comfortable putting it on him. He wears a medium now.

Is there a store around where you live that you could go try them on Jackson?
Hmmm.... so the small may work for him then. He'd just be on the smaller end. I'll also be probably using it sometimes to put over sweaters, etc, too, so need a bit bigger.

I looked at Petsmart the other day and only saw the Easy Walk's. I could try Pet Valu maybe?
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,546
Default

Too bad I don't still have my small or I would just send it to you!
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
SpringerLover's Avatar
SpringerLover SpringerLover is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B-ville
Posts: 3,093
Default

I am hoarding all the sure-fits! I could also ship you one but I don't know what colors I have left...
__________________
Megan and the Aroha English Springer Spaniels
To Infinity and Beyond! ARCH URO1 UCD Buzz NAC NCC S-NJC O-TN-N TG-N WV-N RL2 RLVX RN ThD CGC 5/4/1998-5/20/2014
The Hallway Monitor Bailey VCD1 RE NAC NCC TN-N CGC 14 years
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,116
Default

So, they don't need to step into the sure fit, right? It just buckles up around? I like the price on them...
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
MicksMom's Avatar
MicksMom MicksMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warren Co, NJ
Posts: 3,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Those of you that have one,

is the sizing pretty accurate? What size is your dog and how big are they?

I'm debating between the XS and the Small. Jackson is about 17lbs give or take, and has a girth of over 19".

The XS is 1/2" width and 15"-21" girth. The S is 3/4" girth and 18"-22".

I prefer the 3/4" width over the 1/2". But want to make sure it'll fit him.

I really need a harness like this that is very adjustable, and I can get to fit him good, because he has a lot of different harnesses that I use for different purposes, but none really fit him "perfect". So I'm hoping the SureFit will!
I'd go with the small. It'll give you more adjustment room. Caleb is 71 pounds, with a 32-322 inch chest. He has a large SF.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
...I looked at Petsmart the other day and only saw the Easy Walk's. I could try Pet Valu maybe?
I don't remember seeing them at Pet Value. I bought Mick's from the local tracking club eons age. I think I ordered Caleb's right from Premier (I don't have access to my files that would have that info in it right now).

http://www.premier.com/

If you can't get it there, you can try Cherrybrook.
http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cfm...re_Fit_Harness
__________________
My Labrador Retriever is Smarter Than the President
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
MicksMom's Avatar
MicksMom MicksMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Warren Co, NJ
Posts: 3,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
So, they don't need to step into the sure fit, right? It just buckles up around? I like the price on them...
Correct- you slip it over their heads, then buckle the strap under the belly. Easy peasy.
__________________
My Labrador Retriever is Smarter Than the President
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,546
Default

It's true, Megan has like 82 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
So, they don't need to step into the sure fit, right? It just buckles up around? I like the price on them...
I slide it over the head, then buckle each side. So yeah, Rosie wouldn't have to lift her legs at all.
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
Correct- you slip it over their heads, then buckle the strap under the belly. Easy peasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
It's true, Megan has like 82 of them.



I slide it over the head, then buckle each side. So yeah, Rosie wouldn't have to lift her legs at all.
Well, my bank account is about to get lighter.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site