Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I'm not sure if its covered yet but it's not uncommon to give a service dog a seat if A) the dog doesn't fit on the floor or B) the plane has room and the flight attendants don't mind.

Otherwise... The guy sounds like a adrenaline junky and a punk. Didn't he get into pit bulls to prove a point when they scared him?
Don't think so. He was in prison for 10 years and before that, he had a pit bull that he was really close to. When he got out, all he had was his Pit Bulls, he says, so that's why he feels he owes it to them.

I don't even understand how we got so involved in the topic of service dogs lol. I'm talking about his show.

I've never witnessed the feeding from a table that is being discussed, and I've seen almost all the episodes.

I was just wondering if the show was fake, or acted out, etc.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Well, most reality shows are so I imagine its at least embellished.

I do tire of the SD righteousness, it doesn't garner any support from the common dog owner who'll in turn make or break these laws with their votes.

And yes, at 13 I had my first SD trained. I'm not exactly the outsider looking in.

SD owners are and should be people too, they can't be perfect and never will be. This guy can be a douche sans his SD manners.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinsbt View Post
Well apparently, people drag little toy dogs around into places where they really aren't allowed, and the staff doesn't want to say anything (because the customer is always right), and the dogs aren't necessarily housebroken, etc. So that's kind of an issue. And the thing is, if you brought a bigger dog in, someone usually would stop you, so it's a bit unfair.
Eh, most places around here, if you have a small dog/animal that is contained (either in a stroller or carrier), you can walk in without an issue. As long as the dog/animal isn't touching the floor or causing a problem.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Don't think so. He was in prison for 10 years and before that, he had a pit bull that he was really close to. When he got out, all he had was his Pit Bulls, he says, so that's why he feels he owes it to them.

I don't even understand how we got so involved in the topic of service dogs lol. I'm talking about his show.

I've never witnessed the feeding from a table that is being discussed, and I've seen almost all the episodes.

I was just wondering if the show was fake, or acted out, etc.
His faking a service dog or being a terrible service dog handler in the public eye directly relates to the show being fake. Which, yes, of course it is. Every reality tv show is to some extent.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

I don't think his show is amazing or anything, but it's interesting. Most TV shows are fake in some way or another.

He loves his dogs. He has some very 'different' ideas and methods. A lot of people look up to him, though. I'm sure he has changed a lot of people's minds about pit bulls. I think he's just trying to give something back to a breed he loves. People do some crazy things for their dogs.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
His faking a service dog or being a terrible service dog handler in the public eye directly relates to the show being fake. Which, yes, of course it is. Every reality tv show is to some extent.
I don't really see how he's 'faking' a service dog? But okay. I follow him on instagram, and Hercules is always with him, on planes, etc, etc.

Believe me, I don't 'like' the guy, I'm not sticking up for him. I just don't understand how him having poor manners with his SD is relating to the show, lol.

I just saw this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docudrama

Pit Boss is a docu-drama. A docudrama is documentary-style genre of radio and television programming and staged theatre that features dramatized re-enactments of actual historical events. A docudrama may be filmed or written.

So yah I guess that answers my question. I know all reality shows have some extent of being 'fake' but Pit Boss had a different feel to it, to me. Like different than Pit Bulls & Parolees for example. So I guess that's why!

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Everyone's service dog is faked, except those making the accusations. Sadly that is how it feels in some threads here. For a people who so badly do not want federally required certification many people sure are quick to jump to the "faker!" conclusion, you don't gain support by lashing out and demeaning those around you.

I have never watched this show, I now am intrigued though to see the different style of filming.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Everyone's service dog is faked, except those making the accusations. Sadly that is how it feels in some threads here. For a people who so badly do not want federally required certification many people sure are quick to jump to the "faker!" conclusion, you don't gain support by lashing out and demeaning those around you.
I <3 you. I've tried to type this, like, 5 times.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I'm certainly not questioning his need for a Service Dog. Not at all, and as we ALL know, many disabilities are invisible. The problem for other people with Service Dogs, even those from programs is that the next time a team comes into somewhere an SD team has acted inappropriately they're automatically tarred with the same brush. I don't feel that's cool, or good or right. Everyone should be treated on their own merits, but it doesn't happen like that.

So, just because he's famous, he gets to feed his dog from the table and have his dog do whatever, wherever? I don't think that's acceptable or cool. I'm not saying he's a faker at all, but I AM saying he's an extremely poor steward for his SD. The plane thing, whatever. It's up to the airline and the airline employees on that flight.

The eating from the table thing is a huge no no though. THAT is what reflects poorly on SD owner/handlers in the public eye. And THAT is why other SD owners, even those with dogs from a legitimate program, react so poorly to people doing things like that with their dog.

There is no standard (unless you count the PAT, but that's not required for a team) and unless we want there to BE a standard then we need to hold ourselves above the average pet owner, and what they allow their dogs to get away with in public. Which includes eating off of tables and air scenting things.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Actually tons of SD owners do the same taboos that he is being chastised for. These are legitimate SD owners and normal people. I would not garner that he is getting special treatment for his actions nor would I presume no one has never said, hey bro, not cool. It is socially more acceptable for the rich and famous to be rude, ruler breakers, and taboo, but to I do not know for a fact this is the case and therefore am not comfortable calling him an over all bad SD owner nor a faker.

My clients SD in Vegas was well trained, medically prescribed, and the owner still tried her damnedest to argue Coco should be able to sit on the booth and eat with her at meals. She was crazy but that dog helped, it took a lot of talking to get her on my page but that doesn't make her a bad. Person nor undeserving of an SD that helped a lot.