Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Top Dog

He also advocates the stealing of people's pit bulls if it is deemed warranted by him and his cronies and anyone doing the stealing. I.e. dog on a chain? Should be stolen (aka "rescued") and given to someone who would really love it (never mind the dog was only out there for 30 minutes...)

He's a scamming piece of scum, and he's doing just as much damage to the dogs and their reputation as some no-good gang-banging thug.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
He also advocates the stealing of people's pit bulls if it is deemed warranted by him and his cronies and anyone doing the stealing. I.e. dog on a chain? Should be stolen (aka "rescued") and given to someone who would really love it (never mind the dog was only out there for 30 minutes...)

He's a scamming piece of scum, and he's doing just as much damage to the dogs and their reputation as some no-good gang-banging thug.
Totally... I hate when the reality TV shows go through yards and are like "Oh god, chains, chain oh god.." like their existence alone means there is an abusive situation going on.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Professional Nerd

It just makes me mad that Cesar, Shorty, and Tia are what's been come up with the be the pinnacle of pit bull ownership. No wonder we are screwed.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
It just makes me mad that Cesar, Shorty, and Tia are what's been come up with the be the pinnacle of pit bull ownership. No wonder we are screwed.
Who's Tia?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

Default accompanied nuferst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyxa View Post
Who's Tia?
Pit Bulls and Parolees, I'm pretty sure.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
This. X 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Big Dog

I don't care for the show. I think it is stupid and the talent part really has nothing to do with animals and shouldn't be on AP.

I did meet him at a dog event I went too. His dog was loose- not leashed and so was another dog of someone with him in a super crowded place with wall to wall people and dogs.

Casper wasn't too fond of Hercules. So we avoided them.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
This. X 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
And thirded!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
There is no certification or registry. In order to have a service dog, however, you need to have a documented disability and the dog needs to perform tasks which help mitigate that disability. In some situations, such as flying in a plane, or living in no-pets housing, a doctor's note is required.

The Department of Justice handles cases of fraud and it is illegal to claim your dog is a service dog, if it isn't.

There ARE laws regarding service dogs, just no national registry.

Service Dogs are legally defined as "dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities." It also says right in the ADA that "Service animals are working animals, not pets." How do you expect people to take your working dog seriously if you feed your dog table scraps and let him sit next to you at a restaurant? And how on earth do you not see how unsanitary it is for a dog to be seated at the table?

The dog also may not alter the environment that it is in. By sitting in a train seat or airlplane seat, the dog is taking that seat from someone else, and, because you are not allowed to charge people with disabilities extra because they requre a SD, that means lost revenue for the business. That is altering their environment.

For more information about SDs:
http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
http://servicedogcentral.org/content/

Just a note: Service Dogs do not have rights, the disabled handlers who require service dogs to help them lead a normal life do. The ADA was created to protect people with disabilities. Anyone who says something like "My dog has a right to be here," is either a faker or someone who doesn't know the law well. When someone handles their dog poorly, it threatens the rights of all of us who require service dogs. "Shorty" handles his dog poorly in public.

This message took 9 refreshes of reCaptcha to post.
For the record (although this may sound like a jab at kids & parents it is NOT, its just a comment based on observations I have made) I have seen kids do things at the table (pick their noses & other grosss things) that are much grosser then something any dog would do, & kids are also known walking germ factories wherist dogs are not. I would much rather a dog put their nose in my food then have a kids hand in it LOL (sorrry, but it is true).

Not saying its right for Shorty to do what hes doing, but I have also found the way some service dogs, esp the ones being trained by handlers to be given to someone a little off putting, they are seen more as tools then living beings with feelings. At least Hercules is loved & fulfilled & it seems they really have a ganuine love & a pretty cool relationship

Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
While I don't like the show, and several things about the show and agree with you on that aspect... I have to respectfully disagree with the generalizations unless of course I misunderstood your statement 'a man of his means'

I walk and train with several dogs that out weigh me, and are MUCH stronger than I am in size, but that's not to say I can't handle them. I believe I saw the episode your talking about, and I agree with you - if dogs get loose in their care they're obviously not under control... but I disagree with the generalization of little people having 'that breed' and I so think they have the breeds best interests at heart at the end of the day. And I do think the episodes are totally staged.
And also seniors or even children, I have an 80 woman who manages her dog much better than my 30 year old neighbor eeee gads and also the 4H children at our training center are just mind boggling with what they can do and one of them is around 6 I think

Oh yeah I agree there are people of all walks that are capable. I do believe you should physically capable of handling your dog (with humane tools if necessary, prongs or head collars). I haven't watched many of the episodes but the ones I did see, they have difficulties even teaching the dogs basic manners. They are portrayed as finding/going out and getting these dogs off the street...the one girl seems scared of most of them and had problems putting a dog in a crate.

His 'service dog' looks fairly mild to me and I don't have a problem with that one. There was one episode where multiple dogs were galavanting in the backyard and playing rough and I didn't see how he would be able to stop a fight if something happened.