Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Professional Nerd

My kid has scarlet fever. Next our family will tackle the bubonic plague.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Tapatalk is as it was...
Yes. There will be a lot more tablet and phone posting.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
My kid has scarlet fever. Next our family will tackle the bubonic plague.
((( hugs))) and get better soon kid!
If y'all tackle the plague and beat it, y'all deserve some kinda metal and my new homemade peanut butter cookies lol
Old 01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Love My Mutt <3

My coworker went to Europe. Without telling any staff or covering his shifts. Now I'm pulling a double today.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

After working on the fence at the house, it had turned quite cold, and when I came inside my legs were covered with itchy hives. I used to break out in hives a LOT, almost always during/after a shower. Sometimes I would be in the shower and I could feel myself breaking out, and by the time I got out of the shower my skin was red and welted and itching horribly and I had to use topical antihistamine because it was SO BAD. It has also happened before when I'm out in the cold a lot - like if I'm at the local agility trial where it's like 40 degrees and I'm outside all day, my legs get really welted and itchy.

Well, the post-shower stuff has gone away since I quit eating wheat and cut out grains, which I assumed was just yet another way my body was like "hey this grain stuff just wasn't doing that much for you!" but didn't really think about it.

But since it happened earlier (and I had to frantically slather the topical antihistamine all over my legs) I thought to look up "breaking out in hives in the cold," and some googling has turned up a name for ALL of this. It's called Cold Urticaria. And the most interesting thing is that cold urticaria has been linked to gluten intolerance and many people find their symptoms improve when they go gluten free.

Y'know, the celiac panel they ran may have turned up a negative, but false negatives do happen with those. And at a certain point, despite what the panel said, I think 1 + 1 has to equal 2. Not that I was exactly ever planning on going back to eating wheat, but that settles it. No more wheat for me.

On the upside, Auggie's breeder has celiac disease and I made them a gluten free cake for their anniversary and it was DELICIOUS, so I guess it's not all bad.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Got threatened to be killed at work today, with a knife. On the shift I wasn't supposed to be working. Which made the day a double shift day.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Holy crap, I'm sorry... How scary
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

Y'know, the celiac panel they ran may have turned up a negative, but false negatives do happen with those. And at a certain point, despite what the panel said, I think 1 + 1 has to equal 2. Not that I was exactly ever planning on going back to eating wheat, but that settles it. No more wheat for me
Good for you for figuring it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Got threatened to be killed at work today, with a knife. On the shift I wasn't supposed to be working. Which made the day a double shift day.
Jesus. I'm so sorry. That's terrifying.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
After working on the fence at the house, it had turned quite cold, and when I came inside my legs were covered with itchy hives. I used to break out in hives a LOT, almost always during/after a shower. Sometimes I would be in the shower and I could feel myself breaking out, and by the time I got out of the shower my skin was red and welted and itching horribly and I had to use topical antihistamine because it was SO BAD. It has also happened before when I'm out in the cold a lot - like if I'm at the local agility trial where it's like 40 degrees and I'm outside all day, my legs get really welted and itchy.

Well, the post-shower stuff has gone away since I quit eating wheat and cut out grains, which I assumed was just yet another way my body was like "hey this grain stuff just wasn't doing that much for you!" but didn't really think about it.

But since it happened earlier (and I had to frantically slather the topical antihistamine all over my legs) I thought to look up "breaking out in hives in the cold," and some googling has turned up a name for ALL of this. It's called Cold Urticaria. And the most interesting thing is that cold urticaria has been linked to gluten intolerance and many people find their symptoms improve when they go gluten free.

Y'know, the celiac panel they ran may have turned up a negative, but false negatives do happen with those. And at a certain point, despite what the panel said, I think 1 + 1 has to equal 2. Not that I was exactly ever planning on going back to eating wheat, but that settles it. No more wheat for me.

On the upside, Auggie's breeder has celiac disease and I made them a gluten free cake for their anniversary and it was DELICIOUS, so I guess it's not all bad.
Glad you figured it out. The celiac panel is for autoimmune testing, it won't tell you if you have a gluten allergy. Perhaps that is what is going on?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Whoa! That is terrible