Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Default Anybody heard of this breeder? (Lab)

Morojes Labradors is the breeder name.

http://www.morojeslabradors.net/

I ask, because their son brought a few of their dogs in to work the other day. I thought the dogs were gorgeous, although the one I worked with was a bit of a dingle berry (didn't seem like she hadn't had much handling, though).

Anyways, I ask because the son introduced me and they offered me a pup from a future litter. Which I'm unsure if it will work out timing wise anyway, but I thought I'd see if anyone knew anything about them just in case.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

I've never heard of them. After looking at their web site, a couple of thing came to mind- I didn't see any titles or clearances listed for any of their dogs. Also, their web site kind of reminded me of an infomercial- lots of words filling up space, but not really saying a lot. They discuss titles, but, again, I didn't see any listed for their dogs. I Googled a couple of their dog's names, and the only thing that came up was their web site. Usually I can find some kind of show record, etc with a Google search.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Top Dog

Overall, their site doesn't put me off too much. They have some pictures of the dogs showing at least, even if the titles aren't actually listed. I see they showed 4H, state fair...but nothing actually worth mentioning. I can't find anything on health clearances. I think they are a breeder that might mean the best, but they are still way over their heads on the "responsible breeder" part of it. Big talk, still playing a small game, but proud and well meaning regardless.

It worries and concerns me more that they offered a puppy to a stranger. That doesn't exactly scream trustworthy or reputable. Nor does it speak well that it says in a few places that they let their customers choose the puppies themselves.

Meh, overall unimpressed and I'd pass, personally.

ETA: It says this on their services page:

Quote:
Breeders - Roland and Jennie Morehouse
Home of Am/Can Champion Eloyd's Real McCoy
Breeders/Handlers/Raisers of Quality AKC Labradors for over 30 years.
Stud Service Available to approved bitches.
Puppies available; deposits accepted, and encouraged.
Adult dogs available for placement in loving homes.
OFA hips and elbows, CERF eyes on all adult dogs
Meh, I think I'd still pass.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
I've never heard of them. After looking at their web site, a couple of thing came to mind- I didn't see any titles or clearances listed for any of their dogs. Also, their web site kind of reminded me of an infomercial- lots of words filling up space, but not really saying a lot. They discuss titles, but, again, I didn't see any listed for their dogs. I Googled a couple of their dog's names, and the only thing that came up was their web site. Usually I can find some kind of show record, etc with a Google search.
The pictures of their dogs are of labs without a uniform head shape who are 10-25lbs overweight and out of shape. The "show" pictures show relatively uniform Labs in good condition. I am a bit suspicious.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Top Dog

There is nothing on their website that would make me want more information about their dogs, jmo. Like was already mentioned not a thing was said about health clearances, not a single championship OR working title listed. The few pictures of their dogs being shown are dated, some very very dated. But what really turned me off was this:
'Patoka's Grand Teddy, won Best of Breed at Westminster Dog Show in 2000'

Reputable breeders don't brag about the grand sire/dams bob wins, IMO, especially when they haven't titles on their own dogs, it's like a byb talking about the 4 champions in the 5 generation pedigree, it really amounts to squat when it comes to your pup.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Top Dog

I was very into Labs for about 5 years. I went out to breed events and researched and contacted breeders like crazy...I am from MI and I never heard of this breeder. Not to say that I couldn't forget, but I didn't recognize their website or any of their dogs' names. They are not breeding with the lines I recognize - from AKC show, UKC show, or field lines.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 AM
Ho ho ho off.

Can't tell much except the pictures all look over 10 years old. I was trying to make the dates out on the show pics, and they all looked 19 something.

Why not ask them directly?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-20-2013, 05:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
It worries and concerns me more that they offered a puppy to a stranger. That doesn't exactly scream trustworthy or reputable. Nor does it speak well that it says in a few places that they let their customers choose .
I didn't check the site (on my phone) but I wanted to say that, off the bat, it doesn't necessarily worry me that they offered a puppy to someone who works professionally with dogs at a kennel they're comfortable leaving their dogs. And I don't find it very unlikely that the OP mentioned she's been looking for a lab breeder for a while now - she could have asked where they got their dogs...

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
...It worries and concerns me more that they offered a puppy to a stranger. That doesn't exactly scream trustworthy or reputable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I didn't check the site (on my phone) but I wanted to say that, off the bat, it doesn't necessarily worry me that they offered a puppy to someone who works professionally with dogs at a kennel they're comfortable leaving their dogs. And I don't find it very unlikely that the OP mentioned she's been looking for a lab breeder for a while now - she could have asked where they got their dogs...
That was my thoughts, too. It wasn't like they just walked up to her on the street and offered her a pup.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Top Dog

Honestly? None of their current dogs are listed anywhere on the OFA website. I brought up their kennel name and not a single current dog is listed.

In addition to the photos they do have being very outdated... they brag about 4-H events. That is no standard of which to breed by!
ARCH URO1 UCD Buzz NAC NCC S-NJC O-TN-N TG-N WV-N RL2 RLVX RN ThD CGC