Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

Default Free e-book exposing truth about sheltering and Animal Rights groups

Well worth sharing far and wide!

"One of the primary goals of our recently released book, Friendly Fire, is to expose the fallacy which our nationís large animal protection groups have perpetuated for decades: the myth that our nationís shelters are a network of compassionate safe havens for homeless animals. As the movement to end shelter killing has grown in size and sophistication, the networking made possible through the internet and social media has allowed animal lovers to connect the dots between individual cases of animal cruelty and neglect in shelters nationwide. These incidents reveal a distinct pattern. Animal abuse at local shelters is not an isolated anomaly caused by ďa few bad apples.Ē The stunning number and severity of these cases nationwide lead to one disturbing and inescapable conclusion: our shelters are in crisis.

Because recognizing that this problem exists and creating the public momentum needed to fix our shelters are essential to our movementís success, weíre giving away the e-book version of Friendly Fire through this weekend. Regardless of whether 100 people download it or 100,000, it will be free on Amazon. Please encourage every rescuer, every shelter director, every public official, every reporter, every dog and cat lover to take advantage of this offer. Together, we can reform our shelters so that they reflect, rather than hinder, our values. And in doing so, we can help create a future every animal will be respected and cherished, and where every individual life will be protected and revered. óNathan & Jennifer Winograd

To get your free copy of the e-book between now and the end of day this Sunday, click here. http://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Fire-...1638926&sr=1-1

In addition to Kindle, the e-book can also be read on smart phones, tablets or e-readers by downloading the free Amazon kindle app." http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?page_id=166
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

Thank you. I downloaded it and will read when I have the time.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

It's a rough read, just a fair warning. There are some horrific stories in it of shelters gone bad. Just so sad
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

I can't find it in iBooks, though I found another one, called Redemption by the same author that sounds similar... Not free but I downloaded the sample to see if it gets my attention...

Ok downloaded the kindle app but the link to the book says its currently unavailable?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

I just clicked on it and it's working and still free?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Weird this is what I see:

Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Thanks! I downloaded and am reading it...with a grain of salt of course. I will come back and comment when finished.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I will be recommending it to everyone. I have brought this issue up to many people and have been bitterly attacked for doing to. Reddit is where I usually stay now, and I have very often referred the large and loud anti-breeder hivemind to Winograds findings and his work in general. They are extremely reluctant to accept the truth. And people refusing to accept the truth are doing their fair share of damage as well.

My Polyvore
Old 01-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
I can't find it in iBooks, though I found another one, called Redemption by the same author that sounds similar... Not free but I downloaded the sample to see if it gets my attention...

Ok downloaded the kindle app but the link to the book says its currently unavailable?
I'm getting the same thing, maybe it's just available in the States? If anybody can figure a way to get us a copy, I'd really appreciate it.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

I downloaded it for my kindle yesterday but haven't gotten started yet. I'm usually a fan of Winograd though so I expect I'll appreciate it.