Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Allons-y!

She is so pretty!

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

On Tuesday Journey and I started handling classes for beginners. The instructor is rather different, but the dogs loved him and he very obviously loves the dogs too. I think I'll learn a lot and hopefully be much more comfortable and confident showing her than I was with Dance. Also helps that Journey is a much more outgoing puppy than Dance was, so that automatically makes things less stressful. I don't have to show her, but I want to, and figured it's better to learn the right way this time around than kind of winging it and just taking a couple drop-in classes. And there's only me and two Shelties in class, so we get a lot of time to learn and work on stuff and nothing is rushed at all. :-)

Then yesterday we met up with MandyPug and Izzie at the park because they were in the city for an appointment. Unfortunately I am the world's most terrible tour guide and wasn't paying attention to the walking paths, so we didn't get to do the route I wanted to haha. But Dance, Journey and I had a good time and Izzie is tiny and adorable! I don't know why, but when I walk with other people, I never feel like taking pictures, so I didn't really get any good pictures yesterday. But hopefully there'll be a next time and I'll try to do better then! It was also the first time I've actually taken Journey out with another dog other than to a class a couple weekends ago, and I enjoyed having both of them out together. I'd do it more often but I don't want Dance's quirkiness, should she be having a weird reacting day, to rub off on Journ while she's young and impressionable still. But Dance was awesome yesterday!

Anyway, here are a few pictures just for proof haha. Featuring Izzie and Dance of course, but Journey says she doesn't mind if they're in her thread!

Poor Izzie. The trails weren't wide enough because of all the snow, and Dance was having a moment of unusual excitement in which Journey decided she should join in. At least Dance made an effort to go around, but I think Journey accidentally bumped Izzie once. Thankfully she was ok and it was only once! I was worried she undid her Chiro adjustment/rehab appt stuff.

Dance thought for a second about wandering down to the creek. It was really pretty there yesterday. I wish I'd tried better for pictures!

A few more!

Last edited by Toller_08; 01-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

I tried to get some nice pictures of my girls together, but I should have done that before the park. They were both too tired to try looking happy haha.

Well, that's all for now! Not too much of an update this week. She's as wonderful and perfect as ever and we didn't do too much exciting stuff. Just hung out and went to the park and relaxed at home, plus the handling class. And now we're back to work and she's snoring under my chair lol.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Kotah BEAR

Oh god she is so gorgeous. Her and Dance look great!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Twin 1

I hate you and your ridiculously awesome pictures of your ridiculously cute puppy. (read: Come and take pictures of my pups immediately. And photoshop them so they're cuter.)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Oh god she is so gorgeous. Her and Dance look great!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffStuff View Post
I hate you and your ridiculously awesome pictures of your ridiculously cute puppy. (read: Come and take pictures of my pups immediately. And photoshop them so they're cuter.)
I'm sorry! I'll try telling her to be less cute so you can see the cuteness that is your crew... but no promises that she'll listen. And if you didn't live across the whole continent I totally would! After all, I should owe you something for choosing Journey's registered name when my own creativity failed me.

Ripley
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

Wow, she is getting so big! Her bone is fantastic! What cute photos.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
such sights to show you

She. Is beautiful.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Twin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I'm sorry! I'll try telling her to be less cute so you can see the cuteness that is your crew... but no promises that she'll listen. And if you didn't live across the whole continent I totally would! After all, I should owe you something for choosing Journey's registered name when my own creativity failed me.
Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, I will just drool over your puppy pictures.

And 5,000 cool points if you got that reference.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

I have a whole bunch of Journey videos that I've wanted to share, but for some reason my phone and YouTube are not getting along. But here is one of Journey learning to pick up a dumbbell this afternoon with my little camera instead. I've never actually taught a dog to do anything with a dumbbell, so who knows if I'm doing it right, but she picks it up willingly all on her own. It's not very exciting, but it's the only update I have haha. Next we'll work on having her hold it longer since the picking up part is coming along nicely and seems to be easy for her. It's kind of an ancient dumbbell haha. An old neighbour gave it to me before he moved to his retirement home last summer. Actually, he gave me a whole box of them. Metal ones, plastic ones and wooden ones.

We're also working on pivoting on an upside down dog food dish, her down, a kickback stand (which is proving rather difficult - she wants to move forward into a stand instead), and conformation stuff (stacking, moving, baiting).

She's quite a fun puppy to work with! I was a bad puppy owner and got frustrated with shaping a couple of weeks ago and accidentally found myself luring her when I got tired of waiting forever haha. But now I'm trying to behave myself better and let her figure things out on her own, since it tires her out better, and I like watching her think and come up with her own ideas. But she's really eager, learns quickly and is just a lot of fun. :-)

^ Hopefully that actually works, since it's nothing but a white box on my computer. Here's the link in case it doesn't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkLAQ5P6fYA

Ripley