Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

You went to an agility seminar where correction based training was being used? I'd have been a bit surprised and disappointed for sure.

I used to be more interested in seminars but I've become a snob about them lately LOL I have to really, really, really like someone to want to fork out the money for a sport, especially a working spot in a seminar. Part of the reason is at this point, I just don't feel I need a lot of rehashing of basic training ideas and I'm pretty set in how I like to do things. Not to say I won't try new things or take suggestions but I'm not looking for a new "program" or "system" to follow. And because I'm pretty set in my ways, I find far less people's opinions interesting enough to want to pay for them. Like I said, I've become a snob LOL. But most seminars around here are obedience oriented and I don't really need to fork over $250 to watch someone show people how to use leash jerks and ear pinches. I can hang out at the local training club and watch how people do that for free and it would have about the same impact on my desire to do those things to my dogs.

I'd go see Denise Fenzi or Silvia Trkman in a heartbeat though