Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I'm a big fan of the WWW Freedom harness as well.
Wow, that is one of the better front harnesses I've seen. The ones with just the straight across front seems to be hard to fit to a LOT of dogs, and it looks uncomfortable, like it's falling down.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

Nothing to add to this thread other than I think I need to find one of those Freedom harnesses. I don't use harnesses a lot, but I have been using an Easy Walk for Journey and I hate how it fits her. The dobes also have Easy Walks that I use on long hikes, but again, I don't care for the fit. That Freedom harness looks much better.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Behavior Nerd

I <3 the Freedom harness for no pull and every day - all of my dogs have one, even Z who doesn't need the no pull option! LOL They fit more dogs more comfortably than others imo and are more effective for leash training, too. They also don't chafe like some of the plain nylon harnesses - the girth strap is velvet lined.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Nothing to add to this thread other than I think I need to find one of those Freedom harnesses. I don't use harnesses a lot, but I have been using an Easy Walk for Journey and I hate how it fits her. The dobes also have Easy Walks that I use on long hikes, but again, I don't care for the fit. That Freedom harness looks much better.
Try Sit Happens! Or Mungo's Books.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I have an easy walk, don't like it though.

I have had hands on Ruffwears' Double Back and Webmaster harnesses and I would purchase either one of those if I needed it in a heartbeat.

I've never put either one of them on a dog though, so I don't know how difficult it would be either.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I have a couple easy walk harnesses.. they are ok, but they tend to chafe Cricket and I can't get them to fit Joey right.

Joey has an EZYDOG harness in black which is mainly only used for dog parks (so I have something else to grab if I need to catch him) and for hiking.

Other than that I don't use harnesses much. I would like to get Cricket one that doesn't chafe or bother her skin in any way. She always ends up with red armpits even if I loosen the harness so its not putting much pressure there.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I have an easy walk, don't like it though.

I have had hands on Ruffwears' Double Back and Webmaster harnesses and I would purchase either one of those if I needed it in a heartbeat.

I've never put either one of them on a dog though, so I don't know how difficult it would be either.
They're not bad to put on but fit can be troublesome if you have a deep chested dog with a shorter body... Izzie's tends to cut in at her waist where her thighs hit if that makes sense. They are excellent for stabilizing dogs though and doing physio work!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Glutton for Crazy

We used to sell the freedom harnesses in Vegas, I really liked them. I have an easywalk-no pull one and I hate the way it impedes the shoulders, I am always worried I am damaging the shoulders so I only use it if I need a quick throw it on and no pull option. Sloan knows how to step out of it in .5 seconds, heads up.

The Julius k9s are cool but not what I would recommend as a mobility harness. They pull off rather easily and imo are stiff. For looks there are few out there that are cooler considering the name plates but functionality doesn't impress me. We sold those as well in Vegas.

For a really efficient mobility harness I would look at the ruffwear or a tactical harness. It sounds silly but with the hiking we've done and the need to literally pull our dogs up or lower them down by harnesses I haven't seen anything with better support. They aren't cheap though, unfortunately.

Here is Sloan in a tactical harness:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...91141667_n.jpg (Giant photo)

We also sometimes leave doggy seatbelts on Shamoo for help when she's on a slippy floor or going for a walk where she may tire easily but they don't really support the rear which is where she's weak.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Active Pup

I use the EasyWalk. It's simple to put on, and just puts pressure on the chest, not the neck. I've used several harnesses, and I really like it!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

I just dug this back up because I wanted to share a photo of Pirate in his Julius K9 harness with his new labels:

Sadly, the camera washed out the color, so you can't see how bright the hot pink labels are, and the true turquoise color of the harness.

I agree that the Julius K9 isn't the best walking harness. It's really easy to put on and take off. I got one primarily so that if I wanted to take Pi somewhere that dogs technically aren't allowed, they might mistake him for a service dog. You know, without actually claiming him as a service dog, since that would be wrong. (not like a restaurant or anywhere like that. Outdoor kind of things.) I don't know that I ever will, though. But the harness is snazzy.