Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I loooove this photo. I was going to do something similar, however I saw your photo and decided there's no way I could've shot one that compared so I went with another idea. I like how the warmth of the image, I think it helps convey a relaxed mood. The red of the blanket and the red of the tablet cover is another fantastic detail. The only thing I would've changed is to possibly try to get the tablet on the same plane as the focused area (Kastle's face). I think it would've helped show you as the subject of the photo as well as Kastle. So easy for me to sit here and say that, when I know how difficult it is to prefocus the camera and shoot with a remote shutter release!!
Yay! I love critiques! *LOVE* Thanks!

OMG I struggled, struggled, struggled to get it to focus. I had originally set it to only take a shot if the shot was in focus. I had to change that, focus the camera and then insist it take the picture. It was so hard!

I deliberately did not focus myself I feel that I am defined by dogs, not only mine, but also at work. I am sort of what my dogs show...if that makes sense.

One thing that I despise about this photo - actually two - and I guarantee I'll point it out and then everyone will be staring at it LOL

My Nook is closed, because the cover open is a little dirty and I didn't want to deal with the smudgies - but I can see the cover is NOT open. Also, the remote for my camera is in my hand, holding the Nook, I can see me pushing the button - ugh. haha
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I deliberately did not focus myself I feel that I am defined by dogs, not only mine, but also at work. I am sort of what my dogs show...if that makes sense.
I was wondering if it was intentional or not! Totally makes sense this way.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Jealous of your ability to get indoor action shots! I love how this one image ties together three very different concepts, the creativity is awesome! The only thing I would change is the crop. I think a vertical crop would frame the subject better while taking away the potentially distracting background.
Yeahhhh I don't know how to crop a photo. Not even joking LOL. But you are totally right - it would make it look better!

Thanks for the compliment about getting the action shot! It took me FOREVER to get it, though! The lighting in my house is horrible, so I played with opening a window, closing another, opening a second, closing, etc. Kimma was tired of jumping the cello for sure hahaha.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 21 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

I am a total newbie at using my camera in manual. I took the dogs out today and attempted to get shots for both challenges and this was the first time I have ever used the manual settings. I admit, they don't make much sense to me but I gave it a try.

ETA: I can't seem to get it to post from Flickr...so it's from Photobucket.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Water Junkie

So sorry it's super late, flickr finally let me back in last night.

Like I said, not nearly as creative as the rest of the group, but I wanted something for the first week.

This photo explains me in many ways. My favorite color is purple. I love Muck Boots (SO comfy!) and exploring places that allow me to wear them, like muddy hikes. I like bright colors (blue leash). And most of all, I *adore* the spark I see so often in Blaze's eyes. So full of happy and adventure.

Shutter Speed - 1/250. F/stop - 2. ISO - 400. 35mm lens. Shot on a cloudy day in the afternoon.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Top Dog

Hey, photo peeps, random question...

I have a 75-300 mm Canon lens that I want to sell and I paid $240 for it brand new. I've only used it a few times and I still have the box. How much can/should I sell it for? I need the money pretty bad.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Behavior Nerd

I paid about $85 for my 80-200mm lens used. Amazon is selling non-USM 75-300mm Canon lenses for about $150. USM lenses are $165.