Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Dinner was Broiled salmon and a big tossed salad.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I've been struggling with the same issue since going paleo. The recommendations I've seen involve eating lots of snacks of chicken and/or bacon - cooking up large amounts of chicken, tossing snack sized portions into baggies, and snacking on it throughout the day. Eating just for the sake of eating is incredibly unappealing to me (even if it involves bacon) and makes my stomach hurt when I try it, but some people apparently do it and have no issues. Maybe there's something else to land on that's acceptable to eat when you're not hungry? If you brainstorm anything up let me know, I'm willing to give anything a shot. =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
If anyone can give me tips on getting enough calories with fewer carbs or even better - eating when you're not hungry and not vomiting - I will hug you.
Ditto, if you guys think of anything, LET ME KNOW. Implanon has killed my appetite completely, and it is really hard to just sit and munch on things. Hearts and Gizzards is usually my go-to, but they've been missing from the store lately and I don't really have any other snacky-type foods to lay back on.

I tried cutting up cheap roasts and making beef jerky out of it, but then I got tired of jerky. I need something that IS NOT salty for once! Lol. Not salty, full of protein and fat, no carbs, high calorie...where does said food exist?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
I'd never be able to do paleo, because I cannot possibly eat that much meat but I am trying to consistently eat better in general.

Tonight I made a tuna/avocado/cucumber/lime/mayo (with olive oil) concoction on bread. I really like it!

I need help finding other things that provide me with protein because I am just not a meat eater... I tend to sustain on tuna and nuts. That's not enough!
Lentils/beans/legumes! They're super cheap, super filling, super good for you, and high in protein.

Since next week I'm going to be exposed to lots of people for the first time in a while, many of whom will likely be ill, and smacked with a load of stress, I made a huge batch of Souperman soup: huge white onion, probably 1/4-1/2 of carrots, a whole head of garlic, a small hand of ginger (probably about 1/10th pound), cumin and cayenne, turkey stock, a couple tablespoons of orange pulp, lentils, and then served with homemade whole wheat fettuccine and topped with cheddar. Of course, since that was all so healthy I had to pair it with a blackberry-pineapple margarita, duh.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Sesame soy filet for dinner. And some veggie mix thing because I'm still sick and have no desire to do anything, much less cook, so finding a microwaveable vegetable thingy was awesome.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
If anyone can give me tips on getting enough calories with fewer carbs or even better - eating when you're not hungry and not vomiting - I will hug you.

So far I've eaten just over 500 calories. Dinner will probably be another 500 calories. I can't eat 2000 calories a day, let alone more than that.
Can you do cashews/nuts?

A half cup of cashews + one banana is another 500 calories. I had major issues keeping down enough calories when pregnant too. You can slice up the banana and slowly pick away at those portions until they're down if that works. It also doesn't taste horrible if it comes back up (not like Lucky Charms... *shudders*)

Today I'm trying an experiment with chia seed. Apparently it's super healthy for you, has tons of omega 3s, is good for diabetics and people with high blood pressure, doesn't have a hard seed coat so you don't need to grind it, etc. etc. magical rainbows.

You might try and pick some up. It sort of gets gelatiny if you soak it, and is supposed to be really good if you add a teaspoon full to a glass of orange juice. It's got a decent amount of protein and calcium too.

This is the chocolate pudding recipe that's in the fridge right now. If it's good tasting it'll probably be my breakfast from now on.
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/chi...a-pudding.html
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Top Dog

Just made:

-A batch of whole wheat olive oil orange muffins with rosemary bourbon maple pecans - completely with a hint of balsamic vinegar and buttermilk
-Another batch of the same muffins but with no pecans, double the orange and add double ginger. I literally squealed and danced in delight when I tasted one.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzigane View Post
Just made:

-A batch of whole wheat olive oil orange muffins with rosemary bourbon maple pecans - completely with a hint of balsamic vinegar and buttermilk
-Another batch of the same muffins but with no pecans, double the orange and add double ginger. I literally squealed and danced in delight when I tasted one.
Uh, recipe. Plz.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Top Dog

I'm currently eating a Kroger Carbmaster caramel spice cake yogurt. 60 calories, 1.5g fat, 8g protein, and 4g carbs. So far it's the only low-carb yogurt I've been able to find, but it's AWESOME and delicious and comes in 456732 yummy flavors. It's also something like 35 cents a piece.

I also just got back from Dillon's (hence the Kroger yogurt) and bought 4 dozen organic cage-free eggs for 25 cents a dozen and fresh organic mushrooms for 19 cents a pound. I ****ing love Dillon's. Kale was $1.49 a bunch (didn't have any precut on sale for 10 cents a pound this time like they usually do ) which s more expensive than anywhere else, but it's also FRESH and crisp and not wilted, like it is everywhere else.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

It's 3:30pm and I'm just now eating. I slept kind of late lol.

Anyway, kale salad including kale, pickles, chicken, carrots, mushrooms, avocado, cheese, and a basic vinaigrette I mixed up (vegetable oil, pickle juice, salt, pepper, garlic). Tasty!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzigane View Post
Lentils/beans/legumes! They're super cheap, super filling, super good for you, and high in protein.
I used to know that! I'm going to remember this next time I go to the store!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years