Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Oh Backup, I adore you. He so reminds me of a mal that trains here, same issues, same spinning, same carrying things in his mouth, same "omg omg omg" attitude.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

BIG NEWS!!

Zuma and I ran like a team for ONE WHOLE DAY this weekend!! USDAA trial, we did the team tourney on Friday and our baby dog team DID NOT come in last place!! Super excited about that. They were some really tough and fun courses with a lot of international flair, so it was fun to get to run them even if we weren't quite ready for that.

Saturday we Q'd in starters standard, snooker and gamblers. We had an off-course in steeplechase, but again it was a difficult course, not nearly as flowy as they usually are as it had some backsides thrown in there. I was still super proud of how Zuma ran it though.

Sunday wasn't as good, just a Q in starters pairs. Dropped bar in standard and an off course in jumpers. We didn't quite have the same connection as we did on Saturday but still had some very nice moments.

We are getting there!! One day we will be a real team.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Thanks Sarah! I'm excited I think I'll also do Risė's weave seminar next month too, my throw is awful with a camera phone but its not much better without. lol

Sara, that's fantastic news! Keep it up!!
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Baby P at the training building tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3wx72sA1s

Need to clean the teeter up some more, he thinks it's faster to get on by hopping on it halfway. So I'm trying to reward both when he gets on it straight and when he exits. I really should decide if I want a 2o2o or not because I keep changing my mind and it's going to confuse him...
Some handling stuff at the end and also a blooper clip very last. I laugh every time I see it. I'm so mean.
LOL- Jackson looovesss jumping on tunnels too. Cracks me up.

We start agility up again tomorrow! Yay!

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
BIG NEWS!!

Zuma and I ran like a team for ONE WHOLE DAY this weekend!! USDAA trial, we did the team tourney on Friday and our baby dog team DID NOT come in last place!! Super excited about that. They were some really tough and fun courses with a lot of international flair, so it was fun to get to run them even if we weren't quite ready for that.

Saturday we Q'd in starters standard, snooker and gamblers. We had an off-course in steeplechase, but again it was a difficult course, not nearly as flowy as they usually are as it had some backsides thrown in there. I was still super proud of how Zuma ran it though.

Sunday wasn't as good, just a Q in starters pairs. Dropped bar in standard and an off course in jumpers. We didn't quite have the same connection as we did on Saturday but still had some very nice moments.

We are getting there!! One day we will be a real team.
YAY, this is awesome. I can just feel the excitement in your post!

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Top Dog

Yay Zuma!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

GO ZUMA!!!

Somehow, Kimma was not only able to run pretty darn well for other people (a friend of mine on Saturday at a run through thing at a training club I'm going to start teaching at, and my instructor at class tonight), but we were able to ROCK some distance during the course my instructor didn't work her on tonight! I'm still recovering from my foot surgery, so we did some bits of the course at first. My instructor then had us try it it with my being more in the middle of things and sending her/bringing her back and SHE DID IT! I had to move a bit, but I never had to run and she was pretty far away from me at times. Sometimes she surprises me

She was also SUPER hyped since we haven't done much of anything for the past 3 weeks LOL.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 21 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

Zinga played on the teeter for the first time today (other than bang game). She rocked it. I'm doing the Sizzling Seesaws method, and loving it so far.

Also, I adore this dog. Seriously had no problems with the movement of the teeter under her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCSkY...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm All Ears

Tonight went well. I haven't updated in a while. We're finally getting to the meaty stuff and omg the heavy foundations work is showing so well. We went back last week and did weaves + foundation only too.

This week was full blown agility sequences.

Summer is a genius. She's so good, always right where I want her and always running her little old heart out. Makes me smile from ear to ear to watch her run. Just everything flows very nicely with her.

Mia was a little bit flighty tonight. No idea what was going on but the first teeter (we did jump+teeter first thing) seemed to spook her. I've never seen an issue with the motion with her before, she's usually very solid. It was full height teeter but we've done that for a while before. 2nd attempt she bailed off the side. We got her over it the third time but she never picked her speed back up on the teeter OR the dogwalk. But other than that, she did well. Mia is much better at keeping focus on me between runs. Summer wants to socialize.

It's also odd running them both back to back. I had to do rear crosses with Mia where I do front crosses with Summer. My little brain is not that capable of remembering how to handle each dog.

I'm attending a teambuilding seminar this weekend. And then working OK's first ever USDAA trial weekend after next! I'm pretty stoked about both. This groups is really doing good stuff. I'm so glad I'm training with them.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
It's also odd running them both back to back. I had to do rear crosses with Mia where I do front crosses with Summer. My little brain is not that capable of remembering how to handle each dog.
^Just wanted to say you have my full and complete sympathy and understanding on this lol

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13