Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Top Dog

If anyone can give me tips on getting enough calories with fewer carbs or even better - eating when you're not hungry and not vomiting - I will hug you.

So far I've eaten just over 500 calories. Dinner will probably be another 500 calories. I can't eat 2000 calories a day, let alone more than that.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
If anyone can give me tips on getting enough calories with fewer carbs or even better - eating when you're not hungry and not vomiting - I will hug you.

So far I've eaten just over 500 calories. Dinner will probably be another 500 calories. I can't eat 2000 calories a day, let alone more than that.
What about trying to add some Ensure or something along those lines if you're not hungry? They are carb-heavy but they're easy to drink when you don't feel good. Or if you're really concerned about carbs, the Atkins shakes are very good. They're not metallic tasting like most others are.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
What about trying to add some Ensure or something along those lines if you're not hungry? They are carb-heavy but they're easy to drink when you don't feel good. Or if you're really concerned about carbs, the Atkins shakes are very good. They're not metallic tasting like most others are.
I do drink those...but I can only drink about half of one at a time before I start to get sick...and then I don't feel like eating. There is no way I could add one to a meal and still eat the meal. I'll have half of one for a snack and the rest later, if I don't feel like eating.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

I'd never be able to do paleo, because I cannot possibly eat that much meat but I am trying to consistently eat better in general.

Tonight I made a tuna/avocado/cucumber/lime/mayo (with olive oil) concoction on bread. I really like it!

I need help finding other things that provide me with protein because I am just not a meat eater... I tend to sustain on tuna and nuts. That's not enough!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

For dinner tonight Ihad a small steak(that I shared with hannah), a small baked potato (i know it is bad but they were leftover and needed tO be used up) and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower abd carrots)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Went out for lunch with a friend and ordered Korean BBQ Chicken and kimchi, no rice. Ate the kimchi, and about three slivers of chicken and tossed it. Too many carbs and for some reason I felt totally full.

Went home instead a few hours later and baked a green bell pepper stuffed with ground pork and cheddar cheese. Yummy
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I do drink those...but I can only drink about half of one at a time before I start to get sick...and then I don't feel like eating. There is no way I could add one to a meal and still eat the meal. I'll have half of one for a snack and the rest later, if I don't feel like eating.
Then how about trying to go for the most calorie-dense items possible? So you don't have to eat more volume, but can get more calories in. for example, peanut butter has 200 calories for 2 tablespoons, and has a good amount of protein. Not much for carbs if you get the natural kind (just peanuts and salt for ingredients).

You need satin balls for people lol
Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Ended up making sweet potato, sausage, and egg breakfast hash. It's really yummy and I should have leftovers for breakfast tomorrow.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Apparently dinner will be chicken and stuffing.

I had a snack of a turkey snack stick and 3 cubes of colby jack. I just finished shopping (well, for now, just went to Aldi - I'll go to Walamrt and/or Dillons later when there are less people there). I got 6 avocados and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they're all good. Also turkey snack sticks, cheese (lots of cheese lol), zucchini, canned green beans (my go-to vegetable), and...I already forgot what else. Oy.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Water Junkie

Breakfast - Special K bar and half a mug of black (1/2 teaspoon sugar) coffee.

Snack- Almonds and water.

Lunch - left over BBQ (terrible, I know!) from last night, that was fed mostly to the dog. lol

Snack - Banana, strawberry, greek yogurt, and milk smoothie.

Dinner - preztels and peanut butter sandwich (again 1/4 fed to the dog lol)

Wasn't too bad of a day.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l