Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Sekah's Avatar
Sekah Sekah is offline
The Monster.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I will say that some of the new signs they just introduced this past summer are a bit confusing. I would have Auggie's next title (ummm RA maybe?) except they had just introduced new signs and I THOUGHT I knew what they meant, but I didn't. Even after having them explained to me I was still like "But the picture doesn't exactly... hm. Okay." You can probably just find YouTube videos of how to do them though. The judge was really nice and told me she thought I should work with a trainer who could explain the signs, because we did really good, just I messed up the signs LMAO.

But yes, basically get yourself a really nice heel... down, sit, stand in heel on command and the ability to switch between all of them. Print out all the signs and just practice them. I have a big stack and about 75% of the stack I immediately put to the side because they were things my dogs could do; the remaining 25% we worked on. It's really pretty easy. Mr. Auggie likes to do one day really well and then the second day be like HAHA ARE WE HERE FOR AGILITY WHEEEEE and make a bit of a fool out of me LOL.
You've got me worried now. I'm signed up for a Rally trial this weekend and haven't looked at any new signs or anything for quite some time. I do CKC. I think our last trial was... July? I was hoping to polish off Cohen's RE, but now I'm not so sure...
__________________

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site