Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
My dinner:

Egg inside an avocado, with some paprika and pepper, baked for about 20 minutes. I opted not to put cheese on top because I was getting close to my calorie limit for the day, but dumped some cayenne pepper sauce on and it was amazing! I'm allergic to avocados, but it seems like I'm fine eating them cooked!

Both half shells - 315 calories, 3 g of net carbs, 28 g of fat, and 10 g of protein.
YOU HAVE THE BEST IDEAS FOR FOOD. You should start your own thread of amazing foods

Quote:
I am still amazed by my inability to sweat
You should probably see a doctor about that. Not sweating when you're hot/working out/etc is NOT good. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anhidrosis/DS01050
Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

I will have to try that! You put the egg in the avocado raw? I didn't even know you could bake eggs like that, cool!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
YOU HAVE THE BEST IDEAS FOR FOOD. You should start your own thread of amazing foods
You know what's crazy? When I was thinking about starting keto/a low carb diet, I was wondering what the heck I'd eat! Now I feel like I'm eating a MUCH greater variety of food than I ever was before. It's so awesome!

I wish they were my ideas LOL I've just been going crazy browsing blogs for low carb, quick, and easy recipes. Emphasis on "easy"! Like I said, I'm a terrible cook, and when I'm hungry I want to eat immediately, so I do a lot of ideas hunting online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I will have to try that! You put the egg in the avocado raw? I didn't even know you could bake eggs like that, cool!
Yep, cut an avocado in half and take out a pit. Usually the egg is too big to fit into the hole nicely so you wind up having to cut out some of the avocado (either where the pit was, or just around the sides to prevent egg white spill over). Just top with whatever seasoning you want, and bake on 425 F for 20 minutes, give or take a few.

The coolest part is that the egg sort of "seals" the heat in the avocado - I left it siting for a bit and when I sat down to eat, it was still warm
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Top Dog

Um..somehow I ended up KFC for both meals of the day LOL. I only eat KFC like maybe twice a year...not sure how that happened. I had it for lunch and my mom brought it for dinner... Tomorrow will be better lol.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
You know what's crazy? When I was thinking about starting keto/a low carb diet, I was wondering what the heck I'd eat! Now I feel like I'm eating a MUCH greater variety of food than I ever was before. It's so awesome!

I wish they were my ideas LOL I've just been going crazy browsing blogs for low carb, quick, and easy recipes. Emphasis on "easy"! Like I said, I'm a terrible cook, and when I'm hungry I want to eat immediately, so I do a lot of ideas hunting online.

Yep, cut an avocado in half and take out a pit. Usually the egg is too big to fit into the hole nicely so you wind up having to cut out some of the avocado (either where the pit was, or just around the sides to prevent egg white spill over). Just top with whatever seasoning you want, and bake on 425 F for 20 minutes, give or take a few.

The coolest part is that the egg sort of "seals" the heat in the avocado - I left it siting for a bit and when I sat down to eat, it was still warm
You are making my mouth seriously water looking at that :9 we are having tilapia tomorrow for dinner ... I will see of we have some avocados in the fridge & maybe I can make those as a side dish with the fish, sounds like a good accompaniment for it do you let the avocado get room temp (if its been in the fridge)? Or can you just pop it right I the oven?

Sorry for all the dumb questions I am like do not graced with cooking talent

Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
You are making my mouth seriously water looking at that :9 we are having tilapia tomorrow for dinner ... I will see of we have some avocados in the fridge & maybe I can make those as a side dish with the fish, sounds like a good accompaniment for it do you let the avocado get room temp (if its been in the fridge)? Or can you just pop it right I the oven?

Sorry for all the dumb questions I am like do not graced with cooking talent
LOL I have no cooking talent, either. I burn toast, so I've been thinking that it's a good thing bread is out of my diet now

I was going to cook it straight out of the fridge, but I wound up leaving it out for a bit while waiting for the oven to preheat. I didn't even think about the avocado temperature, though!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Top Dog

I bought an avocado tonight with the intention of making it with tuna tomorrow. Now I'm really, really tempted to try the egg thing.

Also, why the hell are avocados $1.00-$2.49 at the freaking grocery store?! I can get them at Aldi for 39 cents each. I really suck at picking avocados, though. The first one I opened at lunch today was all speckly inside and did not look right, so I tossed it.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I bought an avocado tonight with the intention of making it with tuna tomorrow. Now I'm really, really tempted to try the egg thing.

Also, why the hell are avocados $1.00-$2.49 at the freaking grocery store?! I can get them at Aldi for 39 cents each. I really suck at picking avocados, though. The first one I opened at lunch today was all speckly inside and did not look right, so I tossed it.
I always smell them first. People give me weird looks. lol. Same thing with eggs too actually. Not like stick my nose in there or anything, but some cartons definitely have a rotten egg smell. Bleah.

The avocado egg thingy looks awesome. I wonder if my kids would eat it.

Today we had organic blue corn chips with chili beans, cheese melted on top, and Tillamook sour cream. Sam just ate the sour cream and threw the rest on the floor.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
It must be a man thing ... My OH is like that, when he is hungry he wants to eat NOW & will pester me like a child ("is it ready yet?" :/) lol I find it cute

Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
My dinner:

Egg inside an avocado, with some paprika and pepper, baked for about 20 minutes. I opted not to put cheese on top because I was getting close to my calorie limit for the day, but dumped some cayenne pepper sauce on and it was amazing! I'm allergic to avocados, but it seems like I'm fine eating them cooked!

Both half shells - 315 calories, 3 g of net carbs, 28 g of fat, and 10 g of protein.
That looks pretty amazing! I'll have to try that!

You can eat alot of things you're allergic to cooked/baked without having a reaction. Heating them up kills the stuff that triggers your allergies. I'm extremly allergic to peaches (as in hospitol /Epipen) but I can eat them if cooked/baked form.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.