Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Are you taking any supplements for immunity? I take C, lysine, & zinc but when I am I'll I "double up" on them if I am ill. Not sure if this is the best thing to do, but it works for me.

Hope your dr apt goes well .

Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Thanks so much, I have had a lot of sickness.

Thanks you! Tbh my hours have been drastically cut at work due to budget cuts and I can't afford to miss work. And I've been out due to illness quite a bit already. I don't think it's viral though, I think it is bronchial since I had bronchitis not long ago. So I shouldn't be contagious to anyone.
Oh no! Well, at least there's that. Good luck, hope you feel better.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

Getting a little irritated with my parents and my dog. They free feed their dogs and think me feeding Malyk specific set meals is cruel... And my Mom keeps feeding him random things. Basically a hunk of whatever she eats, whenever she eats it, because "he looks hungry". He had half a bowl of popcorn, a cream cheese bagel, and pizza today because she gave it to him. Not to mention whenever they are in the fridge and he is nearby, they slip him a hunk of cheese.

-____- My dog is going to get fat.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 AM

I feel you after years of fighting with my parents about dog nutrition when my dogs came to stay with them they always marveled at how healthy, good looking & most importantly WELL BEHAVED they were. So I gave mom a list of references to google (she recently got a laptop & it's like totally he new toy ) & after researching & leaning what I know they started listening to me.

I don't know what I would do in your situation though since its delicate as it is(you being a reluctant guest in their home that is). Maybe you could approach it as a health issue, if he has an issue with what they are feeding him (a reaction or whatever) of develops problems from eating something that will be money thatbwillnhavebto be spent to have him treated.

That is the only suggestion I have.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Arnold was such a fatty when we lived with my mom. Sucks.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Arnold was such a fatty when we lived with my mom. Sucks.
Every time I see backup's goofy smiling face it makes me want a mal ... Lol even though I know they aren't a good fit for me ... Wah ~_~

Old 01-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Top Dog

I'm 99% sure I have carpal tunnel, and I can't see a doctor for at least 2 weeks. The wrist braces help with sleep - I no longer wake up in excruciating pain several times a night. But now my hands are numb most of the time and it's really annoying. My left hand was worse and started to be numb all the time 2 days ago. This afternoon my right hand decided to stay numb, too. Right now the right one's worse than the left.

At least my hands don't go numb doing dishes anymore? Because they're already numb before I ever start :P
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Getting a little irritated with my parents and my dog. They free feed their dogs and think me feeding Malyk specific set meals is cruel... And my Mom keeps feeding him random things. Basically a hunk of whatever she eats, whenever she eats it, because "he looks hungry". He had half a bowl of popcorn, a cream cheese bagel, and pizza today because she gave it to him. Not to mention whenever they are in the fridge and he is nearby, they slip him a hunk of cheese.

-____- My dog is going to get fat.
Gah, that really sucks. I've had to work REALLY hard on getting my mom to NOT give my dogs crap. It's getting better. At least now she'll give them bananas and stuff like that instead of popcorn or bread. Tonight she came up to my room to "visit" me and smuggled in a banana and proceeded to give half to each dog
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Gah, that really sucks. I've had to work REALLY hard on getting my mom to NOT give my dogs crap. It's getting better. At least now she'll give them bananas and stuff like that instead of popcorn or bread. Tonight she came up to my room to "visit" me and smuggled in a banana and proceeded to give half to each dog
Mine just nag me to feed the dogs because they look starving. They've mastered that really sadface starving puppy look, and the fact that it's impossible to put weight on them doesn't help.

Aside from that, I had my puppet neck mechanism working really well and when I installed the jaw cable that screwed up everything. So now I'm scrambling to figure out a way to reengineer it all so that it can still have a working mouth, but it's not looking too promising.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

The microwave caught on fire and the furnace went out. AFter yesterday I am afraid to face this day.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,