Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Thanks!

And yeah, that's the terrible thing about Chaz is that everyone is so far! It'd be so much fun if we all lived near eachother haha.

Neither of her parents seemed big to me nor did any of the other adult dogs at her breeder's house (well, except her grandpa - he was bigger than everyone lol), so at least I know she probably won't be a giant. And she really doesn't look like she should weigh that much. It's all gotta be just bone. But still, she's definitely not going to be a teeny tiny Aussie girl like Cara.
We just need to start a compound!

Yeah, Cara is just a really tiny girl. She quite literally just stopped growing at six months. She ended up being smaller than both of her parents, and honestly she could use more bone. I love her dainty little self either way. lol

And I swear the more pictures you post of Nina the more I fall in love, I absolutely adore her expression! AND THAT PUPPY BELLY YOU'RE KILLING ME!

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post

And I forgot to add in my last post: she's huge! I measured and weighed her last night and she's 15" and 23.5lbs right now. That's almost Dance's size. I guess it makes sense as she probably has another 4 to 5 inches to go in the next few months or so, but she just seems ginormous to me haha. And yet other Aussie people meet her and tell me how little she is.
man, Journey weighs as much as Hudson does! Well, actually more than he weighed on Tuesday when we set him on the scale.

Love her

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Top Dog

I've had a few extra days off of work this week and today I took Journey downtown around lunch time for some socializing and other new experiences. We go downtown to get to work too, but don't spend a lot of time down there as I basically get off the train, get on a bus, and head to work. So I wanted to walk her around and get her used to all the different, weird things one finds downtown. She was super, as usual. So many people asked to meet her and she happily greeted them all and took treats from them. It's the one place in the winter here that people still ride their bikes, and she didn't care about them at all. No weird noises bothered her, although I didn't expect them to. The one thing she was a little weirded out by was her reflection in one of the store windows haha. But she went and checked it out and decided everything was ok after all. We practiced some waits and she did pretty good with those. We haven't spent a lot of time on waits or stays, but she did well. I put her on a little bench and a round ball statue just because and she didn't care about that either. She was concentrating hard on the ball, but otherwise was not bothered. It was a very good afternoon! She was pretty tired by the time we got home. :-)

On Sunday I also took her to Dance's Flyball practice. Journey is too young to participate in anything of course, but we did some recalls and she also just got to be around a lot of excited dogs and their owners so it was a good experience for her.

Tomorrow we'll probably just stay home and relax and then it's off to work again starting Thursday. :-(

Here are a few from before our adventure....

She likes to squeeze herself in the tiniest of places while I'm getting ready/blow drying my hair in the morning haha. She's going to be so sad when she can't fit there anymore. She used to lay under step stools and was sad she can't fit under those now.

Her right ear wants to sit higher than the left now. Personally, I think it's pretty cute!

"Hello, Chaz!" - Wave is her most reliable trick. Hard to get pictures of though still.

I received some advice from a stranger telling me my dog has a staring problem today haha. She was taken aback when I rewarded her for staring at me and was sure I was encouraging Journey to challenge me. Oh, unsolicited advice from strangers...

On the train...

She likes to lay on my feet. Fine by me, as it keeps her out of the way of other peoples' feet.

More!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

Staring at her reflection..

"I know you have treats!"

Concentrating on the ball...

More treats made it worth it!

More!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Sport Model Pug

I have a feeling Izzie would love to meet her next week when we come up lol. She was raised in a Tail Blazers too! And I want to snuggle a puppeh!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

Tired, pondering...

Riding the escalator. It's not her favourite thing, I think because of the movement (must make her feel funny), but she hops on willingly and it's better than taking all the stairs right now.

Playing for a few minutes at a field near our house..

Still some more!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I have a feeling Izzie would love to meet her next week when we come up lol. She was raised in a Tail Blazers too! And I want to snuggle a puppeh!
I still have to check my schedule, but I'm pretty sure we'll be there and Journey would love to meet Izzie and you! Just don't be offended if she acts like she couldn't be bothered haha. She gets to a point every day at work where customers/people aren't worth getting up for anymore. So you might not get the cute happy wiggly greeting and more of an "another one? Ok, if I must say hello..." greeting.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm so incredibly in love with your dog. <3 like...seriously.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

She is so, so pretty. Tri-colors and bi-colors are my favorite markings on Australian Shepherds and Border Collies. You look like you're doing a fantastic job with her, and she seems to be a beautiful, well adjusted puppy.

And your photos are incredible.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

She is such a pretty girl! and Merlin has a red easy walk Lol they are so cute!

That turquoise color looks so great on her! She really is growing up too fast..