Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Big Dog

I hate the fact that its not even just your friends posting the stuff. If your friends like it/comment on it, then it shows up. I don't mind all the jokes but all those made up stories like "the lady behind me at wal Mart couldn't afford her food so I paid $567,829,948.74 to buy her groceries for her." Then they get 6 million likes??? I don't understand.

I started using twitter more and just use Facebook for dog show stuff, but now people are retweeting stuff like the grandma picture.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Professional Nerd

It makes me want to make a bunch of fake ones. I suspect that grandma one started that way.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Speaking of Facebook, does anyone's family do this?

"ALEX, WHAT DID YOU MEAN WITH STATUS?"
"...it's lyrics to a song..."
"Well....why did you post them?"
"because I like the song."
"Well....what does it mean?"

"ALEX, WHY WERE YOU IN BUSHWICK AT 2PM LAST NIGHT THAT'S NOT A VERY SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD."

"ALEX, WHY IS THERE A PICTURE OF YOU OUTSIDE WITH NO COAT ON AND SHORT IT'S 10 DEGREES OUTSIDE"
"....that picture was taken FOUR SUMMERS AGO."

"Alex, oh my God, is so-and-so okay? DID YOU TALK TO THEM? DID YOU SEE WHAT THEY POSTED ON FACEBOOK?!?" (always in reference to an either completely sarcastic or unimportant post).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Jelly baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Speaking of Facebook, does anyone's family do this?

"ALEX, WHAT DID YOU MEAN WITH STATUS?"
"...it's lyrics to a song..."
"Well....why did you post them?"
"because I like the song."
"Well....what does it mean?"

"ALEX, WHY WERE YOU IN BUSHWICK AT 2PM LAST NIGHT THAT'S NOT A VERY SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD."

"ALEX, WHY IS THERE A PICTURE OF YOU OUTSIDE WITH NO COAT ON AND SHORT IT'S 10 DEGREES OUTSIDE"
"....that picture was taken FOUR SUMMERS AGO."

"Alex, oh my God, is so-and-so okay? DID YOU TALK TO THEM? DID YOU SEE WHAT THEY POSTED ON FACEBOOK?!?" (always in reference to an either completely sarcastic or unimportant post).

Oh god, I think our parents related

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeLove View Post
I started using twitter more and just use Facebook for dog show stuff, but now people are retweeting stuff like the grandma picture.
That's when you unfollow on Twitter. I wouldn't ever follow anybody on Twitter who pulls that crap. I haven't run into that, fingers crossed.

I'm so glad that the limited family I have on Facebook are pretty much lurkers. The only slightly awkward thing I've run into was when, soon after my foster litter of 9 left (which Chester was not happy about), I posted a picture of Chester with him face-planted against the back of the couch and his eyes closed, and I captioned it, "Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, please don't let Mommy ever ever ever ever bring home anymore puppies again. Ever. Your faithful servant, Chester" My aunt commented questioning what FSM was. I didn't have the heart to tell her, so I just ignored it.

But yes, the only person I've seen share the ones you're mentioning happens to be one of my 2 best girlfriends (the one I'm completely opposite of). I just groan in mental pain, then shake my head and think, "Amanda, Amanda, Amanda.... Why? Just... why?!"