Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Wow... So many assumptions in one paragraph. Lol.
I don't think I've made many assumptions...you've made multiple posts about your desire to smoke marijuana, and the fact that you're even considering it at all while pregnant is not something a person with healthy coping skills for their anxiety, or a healthy relationship with drugs, would do. I'm not even saying you're addicted to pot (although many of your posts do indict you are), but you've made it very clear from this and posts on other topics that you need help with stress management, and it's to the point where you are at least considering, if not already, putting your unborn child in danger.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I don't think I've made many assumptions...you've made multiple posts about your desire to smoke marijuana, and the fact that you're even considering it at all while pregnant is not something a person with healthy coping skills for their anxiety, or a healthy relationship with drugs, would do. I'm not even saying you're addicted to pot (although many of your posts do indict you are), but you've made it very clear from this and posts on other topics that you need help with stress management, and it's to the point where you are at least considering, if not already, putting your unborn child in danger.
This is the first time I've seen her mention pot. Where else has she mentioned it?

Barbara- I also don't think you should smoke it during your pregnancy, though. Just my personal opinion though.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Top Dog

Since when did asking for opinions on the subject mean that I am considering it myself? /:

Also I haven't smoked in well over a year, and another year before that. Certainly wouldn't say I'm anywhere close to addicted or have a problem. :lol:

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
This is the first time I've seen her mention pot. Where else has she mentioned it?

Barbara- I also don't think you should smoke it during your pregnancy, though. Just my personal opinion though.
In a few threads about her situations with Josh she's made comments such as "I wish I could smoke pot" or that pot would help her relax. She may have deleted some of the threads or posts, I'm not sure, I could not find them to quote.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
In a few threads about her situations with Josh she's made comments such as "I wish I could smoke pot" or that pot would help her relax. She may have deleted some of the threads or posts, I'm not sure, I could not find them to quote.
I also said I wished I could drink. But that doesn't mean I'm an alcoholic or considering drinking while pregnant.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I also said I wished I could drink. But that doesn't mean I'm an alcoholic or considering drinking while pregnant.
If you came on here and asked what people thought of drinking while pregnant, or how safe it is to drink while pregnant, I'd be very concerned. I don't think saying "I wish I could smoke to relax" is evidence of a big problem, although it IS somewhat disconcerting. I do think asking what people think of smoking marijuana while pregnant AFTER making those posts is indicative of an issue or potential issue.

It's really, really unlikely that, after posting numerous times that you use marijuana to deal with stress, you are under extreme stress, and that you would like to be able to safely smoke pot during your pregnancy, you're just asking a forum what they think about marijuana use during pregnancy because you're vaguely curious. I'm not saying I think you're planning on doing it, or considering it as a possibility, but if it's crossing your mind often enough that you mention it multiple times on a forum and want to look into the safety or acceptability of it in pregnancy, that's not a very good path for your thoughts to be on.

If this isn't the case, and the multiple posts about marijuana use during pregnancy have been a complete coincidence, ignore my posts on the topic. But if you are frequently (IE more than once or twice) during pregnancy wishing you could smoke or find yourself trying to look for a way to safely or acceptably use marijuana - whether or not you're serious about it, I really hope you realize that's NOT healthy and you need to do something about it.

ETA: even if you're not seriously thinking about it or considering using it, or alcohol, if you're stressed out enough that you're wishing you were able to use drugs or alcohol to cope, you're probably too stressed out for it to be very healthy for your baby. There's been once or twice during this pregnancy where I wished I could take prescription anxiety medication, and I know if it was any more frequent than that I'd need to be doing more to lower my stress levels and make sure my baby wasn't being affected by my mental state.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

That begs a question ... How adverse are the effects of just stress on an unborn child? Are they just as bad or worse then drugs/alcohol/ smokes? Or are they just as bad but in a different way?

I smoke, I love smoking & I know I could never quit .... Which is another reason not to get pregnant, I just don't think I could kick the habit. I depend on it too much (now I'm talking about good ole LEGAL smokes, now ... Just to clarify LMBO)
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
That begs a question ... How adverse are the effects of just stress on an unborn child? Are they just as bad or worse then drugs/alcohol/ smokes? Or are they just as bad but in a different way?
I think entirely depends on levels of stress, and what drugs/alcohol/smokes we're talking about.

Both of those things, stress and drugs, are on a huge, huge, huge scale. And everyone handles them differently. Stress ranges from arguing with a boyfriend and getting agitated, to having a high heart rate and losing weight, to inducing seizures or psychosis. Drug and alcohol use ranges from smoking A cigarette to drinking A glass of wine ONCE in pregnancy, to doing so once a week, to snorting coke. None of those things are good for a fetus, obviously, but some are going to be way, way, way worse.

Stress is normal and something everyone deals with in every day life, some more than others...I don't think babies born to parents with higher stress jobs or more tense family lives are at risk to defects moreso than babies born to happy-go-lucky-everything's-fine parents. But being stressed enough to stop eating, or so that you consider using clearly dangerous methods of relaxation is definitely a good reason to seek professional help.

My doctor has told me that my mental health history is severe enough that it may be beneficial to go on drugs that are PROVEN to cause withdrawal symptoms in newborns and have shown increased risks of neurological defects. I haven't done that, mainly because my symptoms have not been as severe as they have in the past. But if my doctor is suggesting my prior mood swings and stress levels are enough that drugs with known risks are safer, I trust that stress can very seriously effect a fetus.

* I have rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, panic and anxiety disorders, and a stress-related (not body-image) related eating disorder. In the past I've had stress-triggered seizures, been emaciated, suffered major insomnia, blackouts, and been hospitalized multiple times. So obviously this is going to be different than someone who is feeling stressed from work or boyfriend issues or money.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

I woke my hubby up from laughing so hard while laying in bed tonight:

http://skepchick.org/2010/02/what-pr...tell-you-ever/
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Oh my doG all that stuff sound HORRIBLE !!! is it really that bad ???

Thanks, but I will keep my sexy lady parts sexy :/