Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
As for litter consistency. If you have breeders doing tight breedings, that tends to give much more consistency within a litter/line. Outcrossing tends to allow for greater variance in litters. A lot of successful breeders use tight breedings or even inbreeding with occasional outcrosses which will be bred back into the original line.

Although Roust's grandparents are line bred but he's from very much an outcross breeding and that litter is extremely consistent. So much so that I was able to identify Blossom as his sister immediately with just seeing her in a Petfinder link on FB.
I have seen this in both ASTs and GSDs. Judge's first and only litter was a complete outcross. That litter was VERY consistent across the board. Very easy to identify them in my opinion. What's even more interesting is that his litter was very consistent and you can look at the current litter of puppies from a 1/2 brother of his and they look like the litter Judge produced. You can tell the puppies were related in some way.

Red girl-Judge's litter

Sookie-from his 1/2 brother

Steve-from Judge's full brother

MJ-Judge's litter

Stirling-from his 1/2 brother

To me, these puppies show consistency but yet variance, despite the variation in pedigrees. They to me look very related but different. Plus, these pictures are from different ages. Some at 9 weeks, others closer to 16 weeks.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.