Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
oh also, PW, I wanted to mention that if you want to cut out mayo and not have disgustingly dry tuna salad, you can substitute 2 tablespoons mayo with half a smashed avocado. It tastes really good, and is nice and creamy, the only downside is if you make leftovers it'll turn brown and ugly (but still tastes fine).
Adding a little lemon juice will prevent the avocado from turning brown. Another great mayo sub is just straight-up plain Greek yogurt. I've never bought mayo ever because I *always* have plain Greek yogurt around, since I make it. It adds that nice tanginess and creaminess, but you also get calcium, extra protein, and, since it's not being cooked, those lovely probiotics!

Today, I had:
-Last piece of rosemary olive oil cake (boo!)
-Rice and the last of the slow-cooker baked beans
-Bowl of oatmeal with applesauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg
-2 plates of my first batch of fresh homemade spaghetti, with some 99.9% local (everything except the cinnamon, nutmeg, and balsamic) roasted red pepper/garlic basil tomato sauce I made several months ago. My belleh is in heaven.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Had some leftover pork roast, carrots, and potatoes from last Sunday's dinner for dinner this evening.

Horrible, horrible gas now. O.o Ew.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

I had hazelnut chai tea (NOMMY!) and a ham/salami/cheese/pickle/romaine sandwich for lunch, honey peanuts and sunchips as a snack at work, goulash and salad for dinner, and just now a hot fudge sundae. Not great, but better than gummy candy for breakfast lol

I really want to try the tuna with avocado, now. That sounds delicious!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

I also dice up carrots really small to put in my tuna/chicken salad to give it crunch (I'm not a fan of celery). It's so good!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

Tried the avocado with chicken today - except I wound up using a bit of mayonnaise anyway LOL Needed the fat! So I mixed avocado, mayonnaise, and baked chicken and wrapped it up with an iceburg lettuce leaf. Had about three of those and feel incredibly full.

Best part?

252 calories, 20 fat, 14 protein, and 2 net carbs!! Avocado was heavy in carbs but the fact that it was almost all fiber was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
Good gracious I need to find that PB! Gonna scour the health food store tomorrow!
It's delicious!! I only later found out that it's locally produced, right in my college town! They always have a booth at our bi-annual fair but I never bought a jar until now.

My sister was eating peanut butter + caramalized sugar brittle, which I was DYING to have, but I just got about a third of a teaspoon of the chocolate coconut peanut butter instead
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Honey peanuts and tea for breakfast...I don't even remember what kind of tea. Probably Irish Breakfast. But it might have been Gold Rush. I was too tired to care.

Cottage pie, curry beans, and a roll from Douglas Street Eats for lunch.

Cottage pie, curry beans, and a roll made at home for dinner.

Tim Tams and a pot of TARDIS tea for dessert.

...at least cottage pie has meat? And some semblance of vegetables?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzigane View Post
Adding a little lemon juice will prevent the avocado from turning brown. Another great mayo sub is just straight-up plain Greek yogurt. I've never bought mayo ever because I *always* have plain Greek yogurt around, since I make it. It adds that nice tanginess and creaminess, but you also get calcium, extra protein, and, since it's not being cooked, those lovely probiotics!

Today, I had:
-Last piece of rosemary olive oil cake (boo!)
-Rice and the last of the slow-cooker baked beans
-Bowl of oatmeal with applesauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg
-2 plates of my first batch of fresh homemade spaghetti, with some 99.9% local (everything except the cinnamon, nutmeg, and balsamic) roasted red pepper/garlic basil tomato sauce I made several months ago. My belleh is in heaven.
Rosemary olive oil cake? Tell me more.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Top Dog

I've been pretty terrible today.

Coffee - just one cup, hazelnut creamer and sugar
Fried egg sammich
Bowl of Lucky Charms
Bowl of Ramen
Chocolate
Pink Lemonade
About to make a chocolate milkshake.

Might have some canned ravioli, grilled cheese, and who knows what else before bed. Maybe a baked potato.

I jumped into a 30 Day Paleo Challenge today, starting tomorrow. I clearly did not think this through. Cold turkey is going to suck.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Breakfast was a banana "cake" - one egg, one overripe banana, some walnuts, cinnamon, apple pie spice (too lazy to add individual spices this morning), a little bit of honey and a splash of vanilla... and a small handful of dark chocolate chips.

Lunch was two tamales, one chicken and one pork, with salsa and cheese. If I had to pick one food weakness, it's not candy like it would have been when I was younger (or even a year ago) - it's tamales. My mom offered and I did not say no.

And since football tonight I made chicken and chorizo, dumped in several spoonfuls of Trader Joe's chipotle salsa, had some cheese dip, and 11 corn chips.

Went out to the bar, decided against drinking anything but plenty of water, came home a bit ago and made five slices of bacon, sliced up a small remaining piece of sharp white cheddar cheese, and ate a handful of almonds. Have also snacked on a handful of almonds and a handful of cashews throughout the day, oh and I bought more sunflowers seeds so a handful of those as well.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Top Dog

Stressful day for me, had to work and prepare to move back to my campus house a few hours' drive away. I wound up buying a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Junior, substituting the bun for lettuce and asking them to take out the onion rings (and just replacing it with onion). 420 calories, 10 net carbs, 31 fat, 24 protein. Not too bad!

I also picked up a bacon ranch grilled chicken salad at McDonald's for dinner because I figured I wouldn't have time to eat. BUT, right around dinner time, I wound up not being hungry at all. That's a first. May or may not have had something to do with the lettuce wrapped chicken/avocado salad I snacked on - 252 calories, 1 net carb, 20 fat, 14 protein.

I also had a bit of the Chinese braised pork belly (basically, the same meat as bacon) that my mother made. We've been adjusting her recipes to make them keto-friendly and they are amazing!! 454 calories in 3 ounces, with 45 fat and 8 protein and only 2 carbs. YES. And got a great deal, we bought about 30 or 40 lbs of the pork belly at $1.99 a lb!

I also went grocery shopping and stocked up on tons of keto friendly foods! Nuts, cheese, ham, bacon, pickles, ranch, lettuce, tuna, etc.