Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Can smoothies be made the night before?

Or will they go weird?

Blended frozen berries, fat free greek yoghurt, honey, orange juice, oats.

And other variations.

I like to streamline my mornings as much as possible as I am NOT a morning person, and the only way I will eat breakfast is if it's minimum fuss (I usually have porridge, but figured out I could have the same ingredients in smoothie form, and it is LUSH), and the oats really help with IBS So I'm trialing them uncooked! Veg does nothing for me, even leafy greens, broccoli etc.

I am planning my menu for the month and want to include smoothies, and it would be handy if I could prepare them the night before, get up, grab one and go. I could even drink it driving to work (I commute an hour!).

What if I mixed it and popped it back in the freezer? I could nuke it for 30 secs in the morning to get it going and it would defrost as I drove??
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Top Dog

They always come out weird to me. There might be a way but I haven't figured it out.

What you could do is either portion and bag all ingredients to pop in the blender quick each morning, or make the smoothie, freeze In an ice cube tray, and blend with some liquid in the morning

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I think I'm going to experiment..... I like the idea of grabbing and going. Less time preparing means more time sleeping
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

I don't think so, unless you have a vitamix or something, and even with those, things tend to separate after a while. and then when it thaws it's not even either. YOu get a bunch of water off first then more solid stuff thaws later.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

Yeah, word on the street is if dizzy figures out how to do this she'll be a hero

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Top Dog

Have you seen those Yoplait smoothies? You can buy a huge bag of them, and there's indiviudal wrapped bags with frozen fruit, and you just dump 'em in the blender, and wa-laa. You can add whatever you want too. They are AWESOME. I'm sure they are not as good for you as making your own, but my Fooducator app on my phone graded them as a B, lol. I loooveee them.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

They get gross and nasty and slimy when I've tried. Undrinkable.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

Okay, I just had an idea.

My brother used to make "refriderator oatmeal" - basically yogurt and oats and fruit left in the fridge at least overnight. Maybe you could make that with the ingredients you put in a smoothie, and just blend it quickly the next morning?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

Why couldn't you just throw everything in the blender and stick it all in the fridge then blend in the am? At least it would all be measured and ready to blend.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Well, what are the chances?

Went food shopping and they had a smoothie maker "2go"! It's a mini blender with 2 jug attachments that you take off and put a lid on to use as a mug! It's ideal for me! And it was half price!

I can bung everything in the night before, then just add the fruit and liquid in the morning and whizz. No pouring or washing up to do!

Ace face.

This is it:

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/All-P...---0wsb054001/

Our blender is a kenwood. But it's from the 70s and solid metal.... And very very heavy!! This will make things a lot more simple.

Bring on the breakfasts!