Need Moving Vibes....

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
We are not moving, but we are moving my dad down to my aunts today. Its a super long story but basically my dad has found himself in a place where he is having health issues and has no source of income.

DH and I have been paying for his rent, phone, groceries and gas for the past two months under the agreement that he moves in with my aunt the beginning of this month. As it turns out there was so much stuff in the house we will have filled two 30 yard dumpsters full of stuff by the time we are done, and that's with dad taking some stuff with him, relatives and friends taking stuff they want, and frankly at this point strangers stopping to take stuff.

I also found out today that dads plates are expired, so we have to hope he won't get pulled over in the 3 hours it takes to get to central Indiana. To top it off he is very emotional about the whole thing and while I'm trying to be sympathetic this has been emotionally, physically, and financially draining for us as well (if DH wasn't so awesome and supportive I don't know what I'd have done), and I just want to get him down there an be done with it...

So we could really use some good positive moving day vibes with maybe some "don't get the car impounded for expired plates" vibes thrown in :D

LindaJD

I hope everything turns out ok. I hope you can breath a sigh of relief when you get the news he is there safe and sound with his car.
My in-laws are in poor health and I dread the day we have to clean out their house. They are terrible pack rats.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I hope your move went well--with no complications! It is really hard to make such a big change--I hope that your father does well with the change.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Lots and lots and lots of vibes that the move went well! Had a similar experience with Mike this summer and I can tell you, it absolutely sucks for everyone involved.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Thanks!

Everything went well for the most part. There was a failure to communicate between my dad and aunt in regards to how much stuff he was bringing (despite my dads repeated claims that he cleared the stuff with my aunt). As a result my aunt was annoyed and rude to my husband and his friend (who drive a total of 5 hours round trip to move stuff that belonged to some guy he'd never met with no expectation if being paid), which was embarrassing. I have a feeling that she blames me for the lack of communication but frankly she and my dad are two grown people who texted or talked in the phone daily and I can only be responsible for so many things at once and was already coordinating the entire move, I figured the two if them could at least handle the details of what dad was bringing.

Thankfully some friends of ours helped finish cleaning the house yesterday. In the end we filled two 30 yard dumpsters, had my sil come take 2 Jeep loads of stuff, took two truck loads worth of stuff to Good Will, and my friends ended up taking a truck load of stuff. Metal scrapers came by and took a ton of stuff too.

I'm glad my dad is out of that house. There is mold and standing water in the basement and they apparently had quite the mouse problem. There was mouse poop all over the house, and when we moved the living room furniture it was full of droppings. You could actually hear them rolling around in the couch when they went to move it O.O

Members online

No members online now.