Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Puppy Dog

Thumbs up

Bravo for starting this thread.
Without a doubt, a species-appropriate, enzyme-rich, balanced raw meat diet is absolutely the best. Clients I refer this to get their pets off of terrible grain-ladden kibble (up to 75% carbohydrates!) notice an immediate change for the better.

But this isn't good news for most vets.
In fact, the unethical AVMA & AAHA have condemned feeding carnivores (dogs) and obligate carnivores (cats) a raw-meat diet... imagine, condemning a species-appropriate diet, one that they've been eating since the creation should be criminal... but they have to protect the veterinarian's pocketbook, not the health of your pet.

Here's my Siberian Husky's diet. He was fat, had allergies and was diabetic when I found him and now he's the healthiest and best looking dog around.

His daily diet is split into two feedings and takes just 5 minutes to make: Half pound of raw chicken or beef, half pound of raw organ meats (combination of chicken hearts, chicken liver, beef kidneys & beef liver), two raw eggs, one raw meaty beef rib for his teeth, two krill oil capsules and a multivitamin. Everything bought at the grocery store for around $2/day!
Good luck. Roger Biduk