Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Not into long distance relationships? They can be roller coasters, that's for sure.
I could deal with one, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a relationship at all at the moment. I mean I really want one. I just feel like I need to be happy with myself before I can let someone else be part of the equation and so I'm trying to get healthy/lose weight before I try to get into a relationship. I think if someone were to truly accept me for who I am, I would be willing to change my mind about that, but it's hard to explain over the Internet. Like "thanks for calling me pretty but my body's not that pretty, (at least not to me) just a heads up". Y'know?

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I could deal with one, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a relationship at all at the moment. I mean I really want one. I just feel like I need to be happy with myself before I can let someone else be part of the equation and so I'm trying to get healthy/lose weight before I try to get into a relationship. I think if someone were to truly accept me for who I am, I would be willing to change my mind about that, but it's hard to explain over the Internet. Like "thanks for calling me pretty but my body's not that pretty, (at least not to me) just a heads up". Y'know?
I understand where you're coming from. The Internet can be a wonderful place for relationships (both friends and romantic interests) or it can totally exhaust you.

I felt the same way with my boyfriend. I wasn't a very confident person (and I still have issues with it) since I am over-weight. I thought when he saw me (all of me) he would run for the door. (I don't think I'm hideous or anything. I think I'm average but low self confidence and all that.) It didn't bother him at all. And it still doesn't. He wants us both to be healthier (and we are working on that) but he doesn't love me any less.

I personally feel like my 'internet' friends know more about me than my 'real' friends. My 'real' friends tend to know superficial things while my 'internet' friends know more in depth things about me. You have to (more or less) WANT to talk to that person when you're on the internet. You can easily ignore them. In person, it's a lot harder to ignore someone who is sitting there talking to you. When you can talk to someone about anything you tend to ignore if they have a big nose or wide hips or something like that.

You should be happy with yourself before getting into a relationship, but sometimes you need help. : ) It's nice to hear compliments. Just sit back and take them for what they are. (Plus he HAS seen you in person.)

Just some food for thought.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Thank you! That was a great post. I agree that the Internet is a great place to make friends or even find a relationship. One of my very best friends (who I actually really like as well lol) I have known for about 7-8 years and we only know each other online/have never met.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~
Thank you! That was a great post. I agree that the Internet is a great place to make friends or even find a relationship. One of my very best friends (who I actually really like as well lol) I have known for about 7-8 years and we only know each other online/have never met.

No problem : )

I met my boyfriend last summer for the first time. I had known him since I was 13 online. We have been living together for a year this month. He moved down here to be with me and we've been together ever since. And other than the annoyances that come with living together, we are exactly the same.

Online relationships aren't for everyone, but if you can handle them, they are fantastic. We're also introverts and a bit crazy

Hopefully you don't have people telling you your friends aren't 'real', but if they do, ignore them. If it makes you happy, do it. Go for it. It will be worth it.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Top Dog

Greek yogurt now comes in a tube, for kids. This is good news as it makes my toddler eat greek yogurt, while thinking he's still eating Gogurt.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Greek yogurt now comes in a tube, for kids. This is good news as it makes my toddler eat greek yogurt, while thinking he's still eating Gogurt.
What brand?

I would so use this for dog training.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Top Dog

Chobani (had to check the fridge)
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 PM
orange iguanas.

It's FRIDAY! It might be warm enough out that I can take the dog outside this weekend! We're having yummy noms for the football game tomorrow (not that I care about football)! Monday is my surgery day and we don't have any surgeries scheduled!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm All Ears

Cotton Bowl is making me very very happy right now.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:36 AM
Top Dog

Every day I get a little bit stronger. Found out about a new lie he told me... And at first I was upset, but now I am just like "F*ck you" and instead of demotivating me, it's motivating me to get the hell away from him. I can feel my gaze starting to shift forwards, instead of backwards. It still hurts beyond belief, but I am more ready to be done with this.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb