Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I've actually never had cauliflower. Does it have a taste to it?
Not much of one. You have to make sure to season it well. My favorite way to eat it is simply roasted with olive oil and paprika. Yum yum yum.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Pulled pork! It was yummy.

This weekend I'm writing a menu plan for the next month. That's the plan anyway!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

oh also, PW, I wanted to mention that if you want to cut out mayo and not have disgustingly dry tuna salad, you can substitute 2 tablespoons mayo with half a smashed avocado. It tastes really good, and is nice and creamy, the only downside is if you make leftovers it'll turn brown and ugly (but still tastes fine).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

For lunch, I had an omlette with celery and carrots. yum.

As a snack, I had non-fat vanilla yogurt.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Top Dog

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of rice krispies with milk
Snack: 1/3 cup of trail mix
Lunch: 1 cup of butternut squash soup with a bit of chicken in it

Snack and dinner to be determined.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

This morning I had a can of those little Vienna Sausages (baby food, basically LOL). About 300 calories, 25 g of fat, 13.3 g of protein, and 3.3 g of carbs. I was running errands and doing some grocery shopping so didn't have time for my normal breakfast. Grabbed a little tin of those sausages at the store for the high fat.

For lunch I plan on having some more chicken, and I'll be boiling some more Chinese tea eggs for the following few weeks! Absolutely recommend them, they are delicious! Especially if you love tea I can't cook, and even I can't mess up boiled eggs LOL

I also picked up some natural peanut butter at New Seasons, chocolate coconut flavored. 200 calories per serving with 17 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs. Not much different from generic peanut butter, but it'll satisfy my cravings for anything chocolate-y and it's bound to make celery taste loads better. I'm a huge peanut butter addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
oh also, PW, I wanted to mention that if you want to cut out mayo and not have disgustingly dry tuna salad, you can substitute 2 tablespoons mayo with half a smashed avocado. It tastes really good, and is nice and creamy, the only downside is if you make leftovers it'll turn brown and ugly (but still tastes fine).
Oh, that's a fantastic idea!! I love mayonnaise but the calories and the carbs... I actually just picked up a few avocados at the grocery market today, so that sounds perfect.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzigane View Post
Not much of one. You have to make sure to season it well. My favorite way to eat it is simply roasted with olive oil and paprika. Yum yum yum.
I love Indian Cauliflower soup I actually made some yesterday! Yum. It's simple and really taste great (IMO).

Chop 1 Onion & some ginger and put in big pot with butter. Once onions are glossy add 1 big cauliflower, add curry ( I use curry paste, but you can just use normal curry as well) and 1,25 liters of broth (I use vege since Im vegetarian). Let simmer until cauliflower is cooked. Puree, add salt and pepper to taste. Done.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
This is really good. We've done it with tuna and used a whole avocado instead of mayo. Added a little bit of red onion, lemon juice, salt pepper and voila! It was delicious. We ate it out of the bowl but on crackers or tortilla chips it would be freaking amazing.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I also picked up some natural peanut butter at New Seasons, chocolate coconut flavored. 200 calories per serving with 17 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs. Not much different from generic peanut butter, but it'll satisfy my cravings for anything chocolate-y and it's bound to make celery taste loads better. I'm a huge peanut butter addict.

Good gracious I need to find that PB! Gonna scour the health food store tomorrow!

Today I had chocolate protein power with Almond milk, and stormy night tea with coconut milk.
Then I snacked on crap at work. It was the day from hell and while I was dishing out all the crackers and goodies to the kids at work I couldn't resist a little snack
On the plus side it was just a handful of pumpkin and sesame seeds and a handful of cheese crackers...I resisted the urge to snatch the brownies and cookies out of the kids hands and stuff 'em in my mouth
Gonna have a big salad with chicken for dinner and then try find a snack later that is low in carbs but will get my calories up. Having a problem keeping them up once I cut out all the carby crap.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Uhhhh yum to that peanut butter for sure. Holy crap.

Breakfast was two eggs, 1 oz pepperjack cheese, and FOUR pieces of bacon today. Whooo crazy!
Lunch was one chicken sausage leftover from yesterday, a medium sweet potato, maybe 1 tsp of butter and cinnamon and chipotle powder. I meant to grab almonds and forgot. I did grab about four dried apricots however. But I'm starving so I really regret the lack of almonds.
I'm thinking chicken and broccoli for dinner tonight, though this whole cauliflower crust pizza thing has me intrigued... I guess it depends if I swing by the grocery store on my way home... hmmmm.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog