Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

Yeah a lot of women who start out planning to birth at a center get turned away. If you have preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, seizure history, and previous births with complications, and I'm sure plenty of other issues, they'll turn you away.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
If you're high-risk, it's too much of a liability. No midwife would work with me, either.
Chiming in here... I was high risk and a team of midwives delivered my baby girl. This must be area-specific because I don't see how/why any midwife would turn someone away. The midwives were via the hospital. Their job is to help.

Many of you don't know me, but old timers will. Congrats to all the new mamas and mamas-to-be!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
Chiming in here... I was high risk and a team of midwives delivered my baby girl. This must be area-specific because I don't see how/why any midwife would turn someone away. The midwives were via the hospital. Their job is to help.

Many of you don't know me, but old timers will. Congrats to all the new mamas and mamas-to-be!
I remember you!! I know that in my area at least there is only ONE midwife that works through the hospital. All the rest are support doulas/midwifes or do home births. I tried to get in with the midwife but she was full up for April.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I remember you!! I know that in my area at least there is only ONE midwife that works through the hospital. All the rest are support doulas/midwifes or do home births. I tried to get in with the midwife but she was full up for April.

I guess that just shows how different areas are. I was actually surprised when my care was transferred to a midwife at about 32 weeks. I had seen my ob up until then. Then at the hospital I was introduced to the midwives on call. Midwives deliver all babies, even high risk, except in true emergencies. I think midwives are also becoming more popular. Which is great and will hopefully spread throughout the US. Midwives are a lot nicer/gentler than doctors.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

My camera is making me look a lot bigger than I feel. Clearly my camera is broken.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
My camera is making me look a lot bigger than I feel. Clearly my camera is broken.
Isn't that funny? I'm having the same problem with my scale.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Bite Club

I'm in total denial at this point.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

GUYS DON'T COMPLAIN. Ya'll look so cute and pregnant and this is me at 18 freakin' weeks along

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Behavior Nerd

One of my favorite blogs is having a series: "Stop Saying That" - I love it and figured some of you might enjoy it as well. Today's was on Homebirth: http://birthingbeautifulideas.com/?p=6110#

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
I would not have wanted a home birth...I like to support the fine work of the people who invented epidurals. But, I think everyone should have (or attempt) whatever birth is comfortable to them
This. The idea of a home birth makes me very uncomfortable. I would be more unsettled giving birth without help right there if there was an issue

My sil had an impromptu home birth with her second the 20th of last month. She went into labor and didn't realize it was progressing as quickly as it was. Her water broke while she was sitting on the toilet, then she realized the baby was crowning. After she stood up she only pushed once or twice and he was out and her husband caught him!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.