Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I think her self esteem would sky rocket if she even did the little things.
This worries me though...the idea of it. Self esteem should not be based on if your eyebrows are waxed, or your hair styled, etc.

I TOTALLY get that sometimes little things help, and there is NOTHING wrong with having a makeover or doing fun stuff. It took me a long time to realize its not shallow to enjoy playing with makeup or spending time on my hair etc. So I am totally not saying that...>BUT I do think its a dangerous road to have self esteem tied to superficial looks.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

No but if she doesn't feel good about herself & those things make her feel better about herself then it's all good IMO

I for one feel better when I take some extra time to: put perfume on, paint my nails or "dress up" if course I like myself no matter what ... I just feel better when I shave the typical places & whatnot.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Felurian

I don't think they're saying their self-esteem is based on how they look or the care they take with their appearance, but that it's a boost of confidence. Looking good can make you feel good. Like a compliment that you get to give yourself.

Reminding yourself that, like the commercial says, "you're worth it."

And who DOESN'T get a boost when someone tells you you're beautiful? Especially when it's a total stranger? (Unless, of course, it's someone you recognize from PeopleofWalmart.com )

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Hahaha love people of Walmart. Com

No I'm not saying that it should be the "reason" you have confidence but who doesn't feel better about themselves fresh after a shower for example when everything is shaved &/or trimmed & you smell good & are clean & smell good? Also even attached ladies get a boost of confidence when men check them out, I am not the prettiest girl around but I have a good attitude & like myself & I'm sure they projects onto others.