Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Top Dog

Default Keto?

With 2013 approaching in an hour (for me and everyone on the West Coast), I've been researching recipes and diet plans for the new year. I have especially taken an interest in keto, ever since I followed MafiaPrincess' reddit link on another thread. I'd be really interested in hearing everyone's opinions and/or experiences with a low carb + high fat diet and any links to reading material would also be appreciated. I've read the FAQ on reddit but that's about it.

I won't lie, I'm in it for the weight loss and haven't done any research on whether or not the diet itself is a healthy one. I'd like to lose around 30 lbs but as a college student, my eating habits are horrendous. Tons of sugar, tons of carbs, ALL the time. I run a little, dance a little, and walk quite a bit, but my lifestyle needs some tweaking. I was in much better shape last year and during the summer, but now I'm at my gross Fall/Winter weight again and it's killing me, plus, I've never been at a weight that I was happy with. Doesn't help that the quality of the food I am consuming is getting worse and worse

I do drink an appalling amount of water, though. I've finished 4 liters of bottled water in one evening without even thinking about it. I'm always thirsty and probably drink an average of 4 - 6 liters of water a day, which apparently... is a good thing?

So, opinions and experiences? Favorite meals and recipes?

I only just found out about keto through the reddit link about a few days ago, so the research I've done amounts to 0. I have the myfitnesspal app on my phone and set it to a calorie limit and a 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carb plan. Does that sound about right?